Mondays: 12pm to 5pm
Tuesdays: 12pm to 7pm
Wednesdays: 12pm to 7pm
Thursdays: 12pm to 7pm
Fridays: 12pm to 5pm
Help us improve by filling out this two-minute SURVEY.
Request a CLASSROOM PRESENTATION.
The Robert Dizney Writing Center provides writing support for students during their academic journey at Antioch University. Our staff of dedicated writing consultants offer assistance to students by appointment or walk-in visit. We can accommodate distance appointments via telephone or Google Hangout with advanced notice. The coordinator also provides ongoing coaching opportunities and partnered assistance upon request.
By developing their writing skills, students will improve their work and gain new confidence in their abilities. Students will find support for ALL stages of the writing process, including:
- Understanding Assignments: Never written an annotated bibliography before? Unsure of how to create an abstract for a large paper? Writing consultants can walk students through the format and required content of an assignment.
- Outlines: It’s common for students to research a topic and yet struggle to get that information into a paper. Talking to a writing consultant before writing can help students discover the main points they want to make.
- Revisions: If a faculty member has returned a written assignment with requests for revision, a writing consultant can help polish it.
- Grammar & Punctuation: If students are struggling with particular writing problems, they can visit the writing center to develop those areas of writing.
- Citing Resources: Consultants can assist in formatting resources in MLA and APA citation styles.
- Resume Support: Students can polish their resumes or brainstorm effective cover letters with the help of a writing consultant.
- Creative Writing: Need someone to give honest feedback on a creative piece? Writing consultants can offer feedback on fiction or nonfiction as well as academic work.