Services for Military-Connected Students
At Antioch University New England (AUNE), you can use your past experiences as a leader to work on behalf of others to promote a more just and sustainable world. We are dedicated to making education more accessible for our nation’s military and their families, and have a rich history of providing educational opportunities to veterans through our graduate and doctoral degree programs. AUNE is committed to work with you to ensure that you find the program that will be the best fit for your educational goals and aspirations. Please don’t hesitate to call or visit our campus so we can show you why AUNE is a match for you.
VA Benefits, tuition assistance and financial aid counseling
We provide one-on-one GI Bill® assistance to student veterans and tuition assistance guidance for active duty military. We are subject matter experts in all of your financial aid benefits and needs. Contact us for more information.
The US Department of Veteran Affairs provides education benefits to those who served in the US Armed Forces on or after September 11, 2001, as well as the dependents of these veterans. More information about the GI Bill’s® benefits and eligibility requirements is available on the US Department of Veterans Affairs website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008
The new GI Bill® expands the educational benefits available to many veterans who served on or after September 11, 2001. This new legislation, effective August 1, 2009, provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days.
Yellow Ribbon Program
In accordance with our legacy of service and social responsibility, AUNE is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon GI Bill® Education Enhancement Program, also known as the Yellow Ribbon Program, an initiative established by the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The program will make additional funds available for student-veterans’ education through direct tuition grants, without an additional charge to their GI Bill® entitlement. We are pleased to honor U.S. veterans by helping financially support their education.
We currently offer the Yellow Ribbon Program tuition grant to all veterans who are designated as eligible on the COE. We’ll match dollar-for-dollar (up to $5000 a year) the VA Yellow Ribbon amount paid towards your tuition once you reach your annual VA Post 9/11 tuition benefit limit.
Other Benefits-eligible Information for Veterans and their Dependents
We honor active duty and honorably discharged Chapters 30, 31, 33, and 35 benefits-eligible veterans and family members when enrolled in an approved degree or academic certificate program. Benefits-eligible veterans with other VA entitlements also may qualify.
You may also be eligible to apply for Federal Loan aid or other assistance under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. Information about applying for Financial Aid can be found on our website here. Additional information about Federal loan limits and interest rates can be found online at www.studentaid.ed.gov. The terms and conditions of loans made under Title IV may be more favorable than the provision of private education (alternative) loans.
To qualify for veteran admission, students must meet the following requirements:
- Qualify for VA education benefits administered through the Veterans’ Administration.
- Meet the University’s admissions requirements. For more information call (800) 552-8380, e-mail, or visit admissions.
To Get Started
All Antioch University campuses are military friendly communities, committed to providing the assistance and guidance to help you complete your bachelor’s degree or start your graduate degree.
- Contact our Admissions Team to learn about our academic programs, and apply for the program you’re interested in
- Apply for Education Benefits through the VA at www.benefits.va.gov to request a Certificate of Eligibility. Once received, submit your Certificate of Eligibility to the AUNE VA Certifying Office in the Student Services Office by the first week of the term. Until eligibility is confirmed, the student is responsible for paying full tuition. AUNE Veterans’ Benefits are not applied retroactively. For more information, contact the AUNE VA Certifying Official.
- Submit Certificate of Eligibility. All GI Bill® recipients are required to submit a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Office of Integrated Student Services at email@example.com and the Office of Admissions Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subsequent enrollments will not be certified unless a Certificate of Eligibility is on file.
When Applying for VA Benefits
- All VA forms can be submitted electronically using VA’s VONAPP tool at www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/application
- Find VA forms at www.va.gov/vaforms
- Veterans must submit a copy of their DD-214
- Active duty service members should consult with their educational services officer (ESO)
- For additional information and eligibility requirements, visit: The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) at www.gibill.va.gov
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill