Be a Leader in Developing and Applying Sustainability Practices
Sustainability has been called “the art of doing business in an interconnected world.” Often referred to as the “triple bottom line,” a sustainable organization is one that creates profits for its owners (or accomplishes its mission as a non-profit) while protecting the environment and improving the lives of those it touches.
This approach is rapidly gaining momentum. Increasingly, sustainability is becoming a vital part of strategy and operations for businesses and nonprofit organizations worldwide. Career options are growing and highly varied. Those who understand and can apply sustainability strategies are poised to develop sustainable practices in manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, consumer packaged goods, retail, agriculture, hospitality, financial services, non-profits, schools, government, and much more.
Antioch University is a pioneer in learner-centered education based on a foundation of advancing social, economic, and environmental justice, including management education centered around sustainability. Make a difference in the world. Advance your knowledge of sustainable systems, environmental sustainability, and diversity and social sustainability to become an effective and innovative leader, decision-maker, and strategist in forward-thinking businesses and non-profit organizations.
Advance your career with a 100% online, graduate-level Management certificate in just 16 weeks!
This degree is offered by AU New England.
Antioch University’s Management Certificate in Sustainable Systems is designed for individuals who wish to advance their careers developing, leading, and implementing sustainability initiatives. Earning this Certificate is an effective way to develop a solid understanding of triple bottom line thinking, and how to integrate sustainability practices into organizational strategies and operations.
Students will learn and apply:
- An understanding of foundational scientific laws that govern sustainability in all complex systems, and processes to investigate how such principles apply to business organizational structures and operations.
- A systems approach to understanding earth’s physical and biological environment, and how sustainability practices address organizational environmental impact such as energy consumption, resource usage, and waste streams.
- Conceptual models and strategic and behavioral skills to understand the nature of diversity and inclusion, effectively serve as a leader, manager, and team-member, and lead social sustainability.
- The Sustainable Systems Certificate is offered 100% online
- The Certificate consists of three 3-credit courses
- To earn a certificate, students must successfully complete all three required courses, earning a total of 9-credits, during one 16-week semester
- Each course is 100% online
- Students earn graduate-level credit
- Principles of Sustainable Systems (3-credits)
- Earth Systems and Climate Change (3-credits)
- Diversity and Social Sustainability (3-credits)
How to Apply
Please check back for application information
We are currently seeking approval for this certificate to be eligible for federal student loans; please check with Financial Aid for updates.