The mission of the Applied Behavior Analysis Master of Science and Post-Master Certificate Program at Antioch University New England is to work together to build safe, equitable, sustainable, and non-discriminatory communities within our program, the field of ABA, and within each individual and collective contexts that we each exist in. We seek to recognize unequal and unjust relationships and strive to be able to aid, support, and partner with those who are denied adequate opportunities and advocate for those with whom we work with.
- Develop competent behavior analyst to gain knowledge and experience to be successful clinicians, meet certification standards as practicing BCBAs, and make impactful contributions to their communities.
- Prepare graduates to work amongst a variety of populations and contexts including developmental disabilities, education, child protective services, rehabilitation, and corporate settings through an experiential educational approach.
- Support students in developing clinical skills in the following domains: conceptual/theoretical, applied applications, behavioral assessment, legal and ethical issues, elements of behavior change, performance management, treatment planning, and therapeutic interventions.
- Students will complete coursework and practicums that are designed to facilitate competency in the theories of behavior analysis, the philosophy of radical behaviorism and functional contextualism, and will demonstrate respect for and promote an ethical cultural across the areas of the curriculum.
- To educate and train competent behavior analytic clinicians who are prepared to work with diverse populations across diverse contexts.
- To train ethical, competent clinicians who are qualified to assess, design, implement, and evaluate behavior analytic programs and to contribute to the field and to the organizations within which they work.
- To graduate students who have the knowledge, skills, and qualities required to function as professional behavior analysts. Graduates will be prepared for employment in a variety of settings and able to meet certification standards as Board Certified Behavior Analysts