Waldorf schools are inherently self-administered with decisions made on site by faculty, staff and trustees. This allows for a truly fluid educational experience; child-centered and responsive to the changing needs of the student. Our Waldorf certifications will train you in theory and methodology while simultaneously incorporating hands-on opportunities and experiential learning. This approach enhances your ability to make an immediate impact on the educational experience of your students. Become a part of this revolutionary shift in how educators are teaching, inspiring, and encouraging the next generation of learners.
This degree is offered by AU New England.
People who only want to focus on Waldorf education and do not want state certification can earn a 32-credit Waldorf MEd in Elementary Education in the year-round on-campus program, or the summer sequence program. Those with bachelor’s, or master’s degrees are eligible for this program.
Upon completion of this program, graduates obtain a 32 credit MEd which includes the 28 credit, AWSNA-approved Waldorf Certificate. This full-time program is for those who live in the New England area or are able to relocate within a commuting distance for two summer residencies and one fall semester.
New! Antioch University is now offering a Specialization in Public Waldorf Teacher Education that can be added to this program. Please inquire with Admissions for details.
- Summer I: 3 weeks — courses held in Wilton, NH – School dormitory/local rooms available (2018: Sunday, July 8 through Saturday, July 28, no classes July 14, 15, 21, 22)
- Fall I: 15 weeks — courses held Wednesday through Friday plus 5 Saturdays on campus in Keene, NH
- Spring I: 12-week internship (available nationwide – or worldwide)
- Summer II: 4 weeks — courses held in Wilton, NH (Waldorf Certificate Complete)
- Fall II: begin Master’s Project (independent/online work, from wherever you are)
To earn the MEd degree (without N.H. Certification), you must successfully complete a minimum of 32 credits distributed as follows:
Theoretical & Philosophical Foundations of Education
- Human Development
- Anthroposophy: Projective Geometry
- Evolving Consciousness 1
- Evolving Consciousness 2
- Foundations of Human Experience
Curriculum & Instruction
- Waldorf Curriculum 1
- Waldorf Curriculum 2
- Clay Modeling
- Music Curriculum
- Eurythmy 1
- Speech 1
- Speech 2
- Science Curriculum
- Waldorf Math and Language Arts
Educational & Social Policy
- Waldorf Administration
- Waldorf Masters Project Research Preparation
Plus non-credit required courses
- Arts to Accompany Foundations
- Oberufer Play
- Workshop in Middle School Drawing
- Today’s Child
- Sculptural Modeling
- Professional Seminar
- Readiness and Reading
- Mathematics and Movement
- 1 semester supervised teaching in Waldorf School under approved Waldorf teacher
For course descriptions, please see the current course catalog.
There are no upcoming events at this time.