- This event has passed.
Unpacking Systemic Racism: Advancing Equitable Outcomes in Our Keene Community
January 23, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 8:30 pmfree
Do you wish you had more opportunity to think and learn about race, race relations and the impact of racism? Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable in multiracial groups? What if you could increase your capacity to improve race relations, change the way we think about race, address systemic racism, and advance equitable outcomes in our community?
Join others in a small group of 20-30 individuals to reflect, learn, and act to address racial bias and discrimination. Our ultimate goal is to continue to nourish a Keene community where everyone can reach their full potential.
This workshop is was rescheduled from an original date of January 16th due to winter weather events.
|As the Associate Vice President for Institutional Diversity and Equity, Dr. Dottie Morris is a member of the Keene State College President’s Cabinet. Her main foci are providing support and direction to the Executive, Academic, Student Affairs, Advancement and Finance and Planning divisions of the college as the institution works to fulfill its commitment to diversity and multiculturalism.|
|Dr. Ann Driscoll is the Interim Academic Dean and Chief Student Services Officer for the New England campus. She has consulted for years in multiple sectors around capacity building and organizational development.|
The workshop has now reached maximum enrollment. If you would like to be put on the wait list, please email Shelley Viles at email@example.com
- Preregistration is required as space is limited. Register here
- The series is available on a sliding scale of $0 to $25 for the entire training.
- The training will include four 3-hour sessions on January 16, 23 and 30 and February 6. Please plan to attend all days as the information builds upon previous sessions.
- If necessary, February 13 is reserved as a snow make-up day.
- A light meal will be provided at 5:00 and the workshop will run from 5:30 – 8:30 pm.
- You will be notified by email once the workshop location is finalized.
- Certificates of attendance will be available to individuals who attend the entire series.
This event is co-sponsored by Keene State College, Antioch University New England, the Colonial Theater and New Hampshire Listens.