Julie K. Biddle
Dr. Julie K. Biddle spent 17 years as a teacher in pre-k to grade 5 classrooms in both public and private schools. She spent 12 years working with school leadership in organizational improvement efforts. She came to Antioch University in 2009 and teaches in the Education programs. She was instrumental in the development of the Reggio Emilia Approach Certificate. Dr. Biddle regularly presents at local and state conferences. She is the author of The 3Rs of Leadership and numerous articles focused on early childhood, leadership and Reggio inspired practices.
- PhD in Educational Leadership University of Dayton
- MS in Early Childhood Education, George Peabody College
- BS in Elementary Education SUNY at Geneseo
- 2015 Southern Ohio Colleges of Higher Education (SOCHE) Faculty Excellence Award
- 2011 Irene Bandy-Hedden Conceptual Leadership Award (Ohio Department of Education)
- 2010 Recipient of the Distinguished Educator for Art Education Award (Western Ohio Art Educators Association)
- 2000 Professional Achievement Award (SUNY Geneseo Alumni Award)
Areas of research include early childhood education, specifically Reggio inspired practices and leadership.
Recent publications include:
Contributing author in Liberating Leadership Capacity: Pathways to Educational Wisdom (Teachers College Press) April 2016.
"Continuity and Choices: Reflections from May 2015 U.S. Study Tour to Reggio Emilia" INNOVATIONS, Vol. 22, #3.
"Being in Relationship" HighScope Extensions Curriculum Newsletter, Vol. 27, #4.
The 3Rs of Leadership: Using Relationships, Reciprocal Learning and Reflection to Promote Meaningful Learning in the Early Childhood Classroom, NAEYC & HighScope Educational Research Foundations (2012).
Co-Editor and Contributing author for The Power of We: The Ohio Study Group Experience (2010). IAP
Ohio Voices for Learning Information: A Reggio Inspired Forum (has served as professional development chair, vice chair, chair and immediate past chair)
Member of: North American Reggio Emilia Alliance, National Association for the Education of Young Children, Ohio Association for the Education of Young Children, Association for Childhood Education International, Learning Forward, Midwest Educational Research Association