Administrative Assistant, Couple & Family Therapy Institute
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Compensation: Part Time, Hourly
Position: 20 hours/week
Location: Keene, NH
The Administrative Assistant will serve as a first point of contact for patients, families, and referral sources seeking treatment at the AUNE Couple and Family Therapy Institute. The individual in this position will also provide primary clerical and administrative support for the institute’s clinical management, faculty, and staff.
The individual in this position will function as a liaison between the patient and the clinician for non-clinical issues — i.e the Administrative Assistant will not disseminate any clinical information such as diagnosis, treatment notes, etc. and will be primarily focused on the scheduling of patient appointments and performing administrative support duties.
All clinical information will be communicated by a student clinician, supervisor, or the Clinical Director and inquiries/requests related to such information will be directed appropriately.
Core duties and responsibilities
- Screen incoming inquiries from patients and referral sources to the Clinic.
- Schedule initial appointments and offer referrals to external providers when appropriate.
- Work closely with the Clinic Director and attend planning and case conference meetings to ensure patients allocation is timely
- Enter data in databases as directed.
- Maintain medical records and disseminate patient information/correspondence according to HIPAA regulations.
- Develop and provide oversight of administrative workflow to include training/troubleshooting for the program, developing training materials and serving as the designated liaison between the Clinic, the PSC, and the AP Department administrative staff.
- Perform administrative clerical duties for the supervising faculty and staff including but not limited to; calendar and records management, document prep, correspondence, policy & procedure maintenance, etc.
- Assist in coordination and planning of community events and meetings.
- Work with clinic director to prioritize and maintain client assignments
- Provide support for clinic interns and work/study students for paperwork, payment procedures and scheduling
- Oversee clinic calendar
- Route client calls/requests to appropriate resources in and out of the clinic
- Make weekly receivable deposits to the university
- Set up client files, close out terminated clients, and track closed files
- Prepare intake folders for clinicians
- Maintain all clinic forms
- Maintain office supplies and equipment
- Coordinate needed facility repairs
- Assist supervisors, clinicians and faculty, as needed, through email in a timely manner
- Maintain handbooks, policies and procedures for the clinic.
- Medical clinic experience is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Submit applications to Will Dooley, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “AA MFT” in the subject line.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
AUNE is committed to providing a learning and work environment free from discrimination and harassment. Programs, activities, and employment are available with equal opportunity for all and without discrimination on the basis of race, age, color, gender, gender identity, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability. The campus is a smoke-free environment.