Administrative Assistant, Education Department
Part Time Administrative Assistant, Education Department, non-benefited
Hours: 50% time: 20-30 per week (20 August-April; 30-May-July)
This part-time position provides clerical and administrative support to the Education Department at AUNE, including faculty, staff, and students. The position reports to the Education Department Director of Administration. In July, this position is the primary point of contact for the off-site Waldorf residency in Wilton, NH.
Success in this position requires strong interpersonal skills. Superior organizational, time-management, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills are essential, as is the ability to manage competing priorities and to accomplish tasks independently.
Year-Round (20 hours/week expected September – May)
- Student/Faculty/Program support (50%)
- Coordination of department events and residencies.
- Point of contact for Education department students, faculty, and phone calls. Assist students with registration.
- Support Internship/Practicum process and Waldorf Foundation Studies process.
- With Director of Administration, enter courses in Colleague and check for accuracy.
- Manage syllabi: requesting, updating, tracking, posting.
- General office support (25%)
- Maintain an orderly environment, keep supplies, forms and handbooks stocked.
- Point of contact for facilities requests (room reservations, work orders).
- General office duties including: filing, copying, mailing.
- Maintain department Google calendar.
- Financial support (15%)
- Track expenses and income, maintain budget binders.
- Process payments, travel reimbursements, and support faculty with purchasing cards as needed.
- Other duties to be assigned as needs arise (10%)
Summer (20 hours expected June – August)
- Assist Director of Administration with planning and execution of summer residencies in Keene (June and July) and Wilton, NH (July 8)
- Act as primary on-site support for the Waldorf Intensive in Wilton (60%)
- Order necessary supplies for the summer office and faculty
- Coordinate ad hoc printing and copying needs.
- Continued on reverse
- Set up and break down the summer program office (with assistance from Administrative Director).
- Maintain summer office (supplies, and make sure it remains orderly).
- In concert with the Summer Coordinator (faculty), oversee logistics of set up and clean up (with assistance from Director of Administration and students).
- Must be available on the following dates to travel to Wilton, NH: Friday July 5, 2019 (set up), Sunday July 7 (opening day), Friday July 26 (clean up), Saturday July 27 (graduation & clean up).
- Must travel to Wilton, NH 2 x per week for office hours July 7 – 27.
- Continue year-round duties including: financial processing and tracking – increased needs due to summer expenses and payments(20%), general student and faculty support, maintaining office supplies at AUNE. (15%)
- Other duties as assigned (5%)
Three years administrative experience.
Undergraduate degree preferred, or combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated attention to detail and technical proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, Google tools, and databases. Ability to adapt to new software and programs. Experience with learning management systems and video conferencing (Skype, Zoom, Go To Meeting) preferred.
Must be able to lift 30 pounds in order to help with residency and event set up and break down.
To apply, please send a letter of application, resume, and references to Will Dooley email@example.com with “ED AA” in the subject heading.
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
The campus is a smoke-free environment