Administrative Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist
Classification: Hourly Staff, Full-time
This full time, non-exempt staff position provides front-line clerical and administrative support to the Facilities Director and other department administrators as related to the front desk work. Success in this position requires strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle competing priorities. Superior organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills are essential, as is the ability to thrive in a changing environment.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Maintain a warm and supportive presence at the front desk for campus visitors, students, and employees
- Sign in visitors and connect them to their campus contact. That is, call the campus contact to come pick up the visitor at the front desk.
- Be aware of what and where campus events are scheduled in order to assist visitors with navigation.
- Field and/or redirect incoming calls and inquiries.
- Serve as a point of contact for emergency and unusual situations as they may emerge and when there is not a manager on duty. (Call 9 + 911 in an emergency requiring fire, police, or ambulance assistance; and then follow the campus’s emergency procedure protocol).
- Sign in and handle package notification system for UPS and FedEx Deliveries
- Maintain log books for keys and systems that must be signed out
- Hire, train, and schedule front desk student workers for evening and weekend hours, process work agreements, and approve time cards.
- Support admissions staff with set up and other duties during admission events, such as visiting days.
- Room scheduling for all on campus events as well as handle outside classroom rentals and scheduling of rooms
- Process invoices for h1cilities Department through request a payment, process credit care, and general finance assistance
- Provide written correspondence between facilities and the campus community.
- Notify appropriate facilities team member when campus issues arise
- Undergraduate degree preferred, plus one to three years of similar and successful work experiences required.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency using a range of tools including MS office (Excel and Word) and, web-based tools including Google email, calendar, and documents required; experience with Web 2.0 software and/or learning management systems preferred.
- Availability to work core hours and flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends required.
- Excellent communication skills, service orientation with willingness to go the extra mile, and ability to thrive in fast-paced working environment also required.
- Must be able to lift boxes and packages roughly 20 lbs., and possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
Submit applications to Will Dooley, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “FAC-AA” in the subject line.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
AUNE is committed to providing a learning and work environment free from discrimination and harassment. Programs, activities, and employment are available with equal opportunity for all and without discrimination on the basis of race, age, color, gender, gender identity, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability. The campus is a smoke-free environment.