Library Assistant (Part-time 25 hours per week)
Website Antioch University New Englad
Antioch University New England Library seeks a Library Assistant to fill a part-time position beginning June, 2018
Library assistants provide excellent customer service to our employees and graduate students at the Library Services Desk. Duties will also include collection management and materials processing.
This position is scheduled for 25 hours per week and includes day, evening and weekend shifts.
Success in this position requires clear communication skills and the ability to understand and meet student and employee needs in-person and by phone and email.
Areas of responsibility
- Library Services Desk: Scheduled shifts at the library services desk; assisting library patrons in locating and accessing library resources; assistance with AV equipment; and, connecting patrons to the Reference Librarian as appropriate
- Library collection and materials processing: Processing new books and DVDs; shelving books and journals; and, providing assistance with inventory tasks
- Other assistance as needed and duties as assigned
- High school diploma and willingness to learn required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- An aptitude for detail-oriented work
Tasks involve keyboard work and lifting and carrying equipment, books, or other materials up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Application materials must be received by 23 April. To apply: complete the application form link using the “Click for Application Form” and submit it with a cover letter and resume.
Then to send an email to Will Dooley, Human Resource with “Library Assistant applicant” in the subject heading by clicking on the “Click to Apply” button.
All applicants who meet our qualifications will be interviewed.
After submitting your application, call 603.283.2402 to schedule an interview.
Interviews will be scheduled for Tuesday, April 24th and Wednesday, April 25th.
AUNE is committed to providing a learning and work environment free from discrimination and harassment. Programs, activities, and employment are available with equal opportunity for all and without discrimination on the basis of race, age, color, gender, gender identity, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability. The campus is a smoke-free environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org