Climate Education Coordinator – A. Abrash Walton
This position is only available for Antioch University New England eligible work-study students.
Start Date: February 13, 2019
End Date: May 3, 2019
Number of Positions:1
Hours per Week:5-10 (flexible)
Supervisor: Abigail Abrash Walton
Climate change is an urgent sustainability and social justice issue that many students at Antioch care about. The Climate Education Coordinator would be responsible for supporting the formation of a student group at Antioch University New England focused on climate education and advocacy. The coordinator would conduct education and outreach on climate solutions and provide opportunities for students to participate in civic engagement on climate change.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate planning, design, and delivery of outreach and events, in collaboration with faculty, staff, and students.
- Consult, seek input from, and advise other AUNE community constituent groups; serve as a liaison between AUNE community members and the appropriate administrative offices regarding civic engagement and outreach.
- Administrative support including email correspondence, and various clerical tasks.
- Participate in monthly conference calls.
- Represent AUNE on various external committees & organizations, and at events, as needed.
- Upkeep of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Coordinate with group members for events through social media and AUNE announcements.
- Attend to other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by supervisor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google docs, Google forms, Social Networking, email correspondence, and Zoom functions.
- Passion for environmental advocacy and Climate Change; interest in civic engagement.
- Ability to work collaboratively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated successful experience in program/project planning and management.
- Robust word processing and research skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills.
- On-campus presence during the work week.
- Must be self-directed and able to motivate others.
- To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Abigail Abrash Walton (firstname.lastname@example.org)