CTEC Development Coordinator – M. Akresh, J. Rhoades
Start Date: 9/3/2019
End Date: 5/1/2020
Number of Positions: 1
Hours per Week: 10-15
Weekends Required: occasionally
Evenings Required: occasionally
Supervisor: Jason Rhoades and Mike Akresh
The Center for Tropical Ecology and Conservation (CTEC) promotes the sustainable and just use of tropical ecosystems by training conservation leaders, conducting conservation research with partner organizations, and serving as an educational resource for the New England Community. Learn more about CTEC at www.antiochne.edu/centerfortropicalecology.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating fundraising activities which enable CTEC to support students and fulfill its mission. The person in this position is responsible for CTEC’s organic & fair trade coffee sales that support student scholarships, as well as seeking funding and donor sources, writing grant proposals, and other fundraising activities. The Development Coordinator will also collaborate with the Education & Outreach Coordinator to develop CTEC’s membership base.
- Excellent communication skills, both in person and in writing; comfortable engaging students and conveying CTEC’s mission and goals to potential donors
- Ability to self-motivate, problem solve, and seek out resources
- Ability to work creatively, both independently and with a team
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Comfort with Windows operating system; comfort with Google suite including Drive, Sheets, and Docs; comfort with Microsoft Word and Excel
How to Apply:
Contact Mike Akresh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please explain your interest in the position and include a recent resume.