CTEC Education/Outreach Coordinator – M. Akresh, J. Rhoades
Start Date: 9/3/2019
End Date: 5/1/2020
Number of Positions: 1
Hours per Week: 15-20
Weekends Required: occasionally
Evenings Required: occasionally
Supervisor: Jason Rhoades and Mike Akresh
The Center for Tropical Ecology and Conservation (CTEC) promotes the sustainable and just use of tropical ecosystems by training conservation leaders, conducting conservation research with partner organizations, and serving as an educational resource for the New England Community. Learn more about CTEC at www.antiochne.edu/centerfortropicalecology.
The Education & Outreach Coordinator develops and implements educational activities which connect the tropics to New England and advance understanding of, and research in, the tropics. This position maintains oversight of CTEC’s bulletin board, websites, and social media presence. In consultation with CTEC staff and Directors, the Education & Outreach Coordinator may organize mission-relevant workshops for the ES Department and/or wider AUNE or New England community on topics such as climate change, cultural competency, statistics, and proposal writing. This individual will lead efforts to build CTEC’s membership base and increase student involvement. This year, CTEC is exploring future directions, and community involvement and outreach is vital to developing our trajectory in this pivotal transition year. The position also entails grant proposal writing and supporting the Development Coordinator to organize fundraisers that support CTEC’s educational objectives.
- Confident and professional in interfacing with CTEC members and the public in person, in writing, and online
- Ability to engage community members and motivate involvement with CTEC
- Experience as an educator and/or organizing events is helpful
- Ability to self-motivate, problem solve, and seek out resources
- Ability to work creatively, both independently and with a team
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Comfort with computer and internet technology including Windows operating system; Google suite including Drive, Sheets, and Docs; Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher; database and campaign management in MailChimp; and social media platforms
How to Apply:
Contact Mike Akresh at email@example.com. Please explain your interest in the position and include a recent resume.