CTEC Partnership/Opportunities Coordinator – M. Akresh/J. Rhoades
Start Date: 9/3/2019
End Date: 12/16/2019
Number of Positions: 1
Hours per Week: 10-15
Weekends Required: occasionally
Evenings Required: occasionally
Supervisor: Jason Rhoades and Mike Akresh
The Center for Tropical Ecology and Conservation (CTEC) promotes the sustainable and just use of tropical ecosystems by training conservation leaders, conducting conservation research with partner organizations, and serving as an educational resource for the New England Community. Learn more about CTEC at www.antiochne.edu/centerfortropicalecology.
The Partnership & Opportunities Coordinator works to liaise with the local, regional, and international community to cultivate partnerships and develop opportunities for AUNE students. Responsibilities include working to expand and strengthen the relationships that CTEC has with Affiliate Organizations, including developing opportunities for student internships and collaborative research projects, as well as seeking funding opportunities. This year, CTEC is exploring future directions, and the Partnership & Opportunities Coordinator will take a leadership role in the community engagement process to facilitate the transition, while continuing the important work CTEC does in the community.
- Confident and professional in interfacing with CTEC members and the public in person, in writing, and online
- Ability to engage community members and motivate involvement with CTEC
- Ability to self-motivate, problem solve, and seek out resources
- Ability to work creatively, both independently and with a team
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Comfort with Windows operating system; comfort with Google suite including Drive, Sheets, and Docs; comfort with Microsoft Word and Excel
How to Apply:
Contact Mike Akresh at email@example.com. Please explain your interest in the position and include a recent resume.