CTEC Program Manager – M. Akresh, J. Rhoades
Start Date: 9/3/2019
End Date: 5/1/2020
Number of Positions: 1
Hours per Week: 15-20
Weekends Required: occasionally
Evenings Required: occasionally
Supervisor: Jason Rhoades and Mike Akresh
The Center for Tropical Ecology and Conservation (CTEC) promotes the sustainable and just use of tropical ecosystems by training conservation leaders, conducting conservation research with partner organizations, and serving as an educational resource for the New England Community. Learn more about CTEC at www.antiochne.edu/centerfortropicalecology.
The Program Manager maintains an awareness of CTEC’s mission, activities, and staff, and ensures that activities are in alignment with CTEC’s mission and goals. Major activities of this position include organizing and facilitating regular, interactive staff meetings; serving as the primary representative of CTEC and contact person for students, staff, and others who are interested in CTEC; managing CTEC’s finances; and supporting and collaborating with other staff and the Directors. This year, CTEC is exploring future directions, and the Program Manager would be an integral part of this pivotal transition while continuing the important work CTEC does in the community.
Hours and scheduling are flexible. Preference given to students who can commit to the position for more than one year.
- Passionate about the tropics
- Forward thinking, able to plan ahead, understand the bigger picture, and anticipate challenges and opportunities
- An excellent communicator and facilitator, who is able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Confident and professional in interfacing with our affiliate organizations, members, and the public in person, in writing, and online
- Able to motivate and support others, supervisory experience a plus but not required
- Organized and attentive to details
- Ability to self-motivate, problem solve, and seek out resources
- Ability to work creatively, both independently and with a team
- Comfort with Windows operating system; comfort with Google suite including Drive, Sheets, and Docs; comfort with Microsoft Word and Excel
How to Apply:
Contact Mike Akresh at email@example.com. Please explain your interest in the position and include a recent resume.