Department: Facilities Department
Compensation: Full-time, Hourly
Shift: 2nd shift, 4PM-12:30AM
This position has primary responsibility for cleaning and performing routine maintenance of Campus buildings and grounds. This is a staff position, reporting to the Facilities Manager, and assigned to one of two shifts. Members of the maintenance team are available and scheduled to work within the workweek that runs Monday through Sunday with the exception of Campus-closed dates.
Core duties and responsibilities
Members of the facilities team are generally assigned work in the following areas, but this may change as circumstances require:
- Clean classrooms, offices, and department and public spaces and hallways: Vacuum and sweep floors. Clean classrooms, whiteboards, and reset classroom furniture. Empty trash receptacles. Pick up litter in and around the building. Clean, sanitize, and stock bathrooms.
- Lock and unlock buildings at designated times, and ensure areas are properly secured throughout shift. Report security problems to the facilities director or other Campus or City officials as appropriate.
- Respond to work requests. This includes: Set up furniture and equipment for meetings and classes on a daily basis. Conduct simple repairs and maintenance (adjust door closers, replace light bulbs, etc). Clean individual offices.
Once or twice a week
- Dust furniture, fixtures, woodwork in lobby, classrooms, and public spaces and hallways.
Once or twice a month
- Perform routine maintenance of heating, plumbing, electrical, and ventilation vents and fixtures. (Contractors provide substantive plumbing, electrical, and HVAC services.)
- Assist contractor with exterior grounds maintenance as needed.
- Respond to work requests to hang pictures, move furniture, paint interior walls, and other similar tasks.
- Unscheduled work, or work done once or twice a year involves front-line response to emergencies such as toilet backup, equipment failure, or building flooding caused by storms. Sweep, shovel, sand walkways. Shampoo carpets. Wash trash cans. Wash windows. And, performing other maintenance tasks as needed.
- Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions, and perform tasks in specific sequence.
- Physical ability to transport heavy items from time to time (sandbags, furniture, etc.)
- Ability to perform custodial work and operate cleaning equipment as directed
- Ability to understand and follow written instructions, read and follow chemical labels and warnings.
- Ability to work cooperatively and deal courteously with all members of the Campus community
- Demonstrated integrity and ability to work independently and as a team member with limited supervision
Submit resume, cover letter and references to Will Dooley, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Custodian Position” in the subject line.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
AUNE is committed to providing a learning and work environment free from discrimination and harassment. Programs, activities, and employment are available with equal opportunity for all and without discrimination on the basis of race, age, color, gender, gender identity, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability. The campus is a smoke-free environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com