Department: University Counsel
Classification: Full-time, Salaried
The Office of University Counsel seeks a Legal Assistant/Paralegal at the Antioch University New England campus in Keene, NH to provide high-level, confidential, administrative and clerical support to a small legal office serving the five Antioch campuses located in NH, OH, WA, and CA. Duties will include handling confidential and sensitive information regarding personnel and students; managing calendars, deadlines, travel, contracts and office expenses; preparing routine and complex documents and correspondence; creating reports and spreadsheets; staffing University wide committees; managing files and invoices and monitoring the annual operating budget of the Office of University Counsel.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience providing complex administrative and clerical support, including document drafting, editing and production; familiarity with legal research, legal vocabulary, and litigation preferred.
- Highly proficient with office software including MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and database management.
- Bachelor’s or paralegal degree preferred; or a minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience providing highlevel support in an office setting.
- Excellent professional judgment and attention to detail; ability to work independently and under pressure to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, efficiency and good cheer.
- Ability to foster a positive cooperative working relationship with staff throughout all campuses of Antioch University.
The physical demands of this job include extended periods working at a key board and computer. The lifting requirements are minimal and typically would not exceed 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Submit applications to Will Dooley, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Legal Assistant” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted through June 22, 2018 or until the position is filled.
AUNE is committed to providing a learning and work environment free from discrimination and harassment. Programs, activities, and employment are available with equal opportunity for all and without discrimination on the basis of race, age, color, gender, gender identity, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability. The campus is a smoke-free environment.