Research and Instruction Librarian
Location: New England Campus (Keene, New Hampshire)
Classification: Full-time, Salary
This position is a full-time, 12-month core faculty appointment requiring engagement in four areas of faculty practice: engagement in student learning, scholarship, service and institutional citizenship.
Antioch University New England seeks an innovative, creative and service-oriented professional for the position of Research and Instruction Librarian. The Librarian provides instruction and research assistance for scholars at all levels and in multiple disciplines. Working with campus partners and library colleagues, the Librarian is proactive and forward thinking, works to solve problems in a collaborative manner, actively engages in innovation and outreach, provides exemplary customer service, and has a commitment to the mission and values of the institution.
This individual has responsibility to:
- both collaboratively and independently design and implement innovative and effective teaching methods for face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning opportunities; develop instruction sessions and workshops as needed
- work collaboratively to develop new approaches, services, systems, and strategies to actively engage with scholars during all phases of the research process: from research design, through discovery, analysis, and publication
- deliver expert one-on-one consultations to faculty, students, staff, and others emphasizing searching skills, critical appraisal of resources, information management, research impact measurements, research data management, and more
- develop outreach programs and activities designed for graduate students, faculty and staff
- develop research guides, tutorials, learning objects, and other tools for promoting and fostering learning and research
- work with faculty to determine appropriate ways to infuse information literacy across the curriculum
- work with the Writing Center and the Student Disability Services Office to provide a continuum of services for all students
- work collaboratively to advise faculty and students on scholarly communication issues, which may include copyright and publication strategies
- work with library staff to develop collections and deliver all library services
- engage in strategic planning with library staff
- assess and evaluate library instruction and student learning to identify areas for the growth and improvement of the library research instruction program
- engage with the AUNE and the Antioch University communities in all areas of faculty activity: student learning, scholarship, service and institutional citizenship
- actively serve on committees, working groups, and task forces for the Library, AUNE, and AU
- ALA accredited MLS or MLIS
- Second Master’s degree in psychology, education or environmental science preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Experience delivering instruction and research services in an academic library
- Experience connecting creatively with a non-residential graduate student population
- Experience creating online tutorials and other instructional materials
- A record of successful interaction with faculty, students, staff, and administrators in an institution of higher education
To apply, please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a statement of your teaching philosophy, and a list of three current references and contact information to Will Dooley email@example.com with “R&I Librarian” in the subject heading.
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.