Sustainability and Social Justice Coordinator
Website Sustainability Committee
Supervisor Ann Driscoll
Supervisor’s Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date 8/27/18
End Date 5/3/19
Number of Positions 1
Hours per Week 15
Weekends Required No
Evenings Required No
Sustainability and Social Justice (SSJ) Coordinator has overall responsibility for coordinating the Campus’s sustainability and social justice initiatives.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate the work of the SSJ office and manage the SSJ budget.
- Coordinate SSJ student employees.
- Coordinate planning, design, and delivery of Incoming Student Orientation, in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and SSJ staff to facilitate event.
- Provide support to AUNE administrators, academic and administrative departments, committees, and taskforces to identify, promote and implement initiatives that facilitate AUNE in achieving its sustainability and social justice goals, including the 2012-17 AUNE Strategic Plan, 2011 Diversity & Inclusion Task Force Recommendations, 2007 Social Justice Action Plan, and 2010 Climate Action Plan.
- Consult with, seek input from, and advise other AUNE community constituent groups, and serve as liaison between AUNE community members and the appropriate administrative offices regarding social justice and sustainability ideas, questions and concerns raised by community members.
- Track, analyze and report AUNE’s SSJ metrics.
- Represent AUNE on various external committees & organizations, and at events, as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Demonstrated successful experience in program/project planning and management. Prior team coordination experience. Strong word processing and research skills. Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills. On-Campus presence during the work week. Training in/experience with diversity & inclusion, materials & energy analysis, climate change mitigation/adaptation, and/or organizational sustainability preferred. Must be self-directed and able to motivate others.
To Apply: Please send a maximum of one paragraph to Ann Driscoll at email@example.com that describes why you would like this position and either attach you resume or add a second paragraph that describes your qualifications for this position.