Take advantage of two of the nation’s most highly regarded environmental and science education programs by combining your studies at AUNE with a year immersed in teaching environmental education and learning natural history at Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center.
This partnership allows you to combine graduate credits earned at Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center and Antioch University New England to earn your MS in Environmental Studies, with a concentration in Environmental Education or Science Teacher Certification. You can also choose a Certificate in Environmental & Sustainability Education, taken entirely at Wolf Ridge.
Wolf Ridge’s Teacher and Naturalist Training Program
Wolf Ridge has a long and proud history of teacher and naturalist training, with over 1,000 alumni occupying positions in respected natural resource, sustainability, and educational organizations around the world. Take experiential graduate classes while teaching K-12 students on 2,000 beautiful acres, situated in northern Minnesota between the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and Lake Superior’s north shore.
You choose which comes first. Begin your graduate studies in either the graduate-naturalist program at Wolf Ridge or at Antioch University New England.
- Transfer 12 graduate credits from courses at Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center
- Earn 30 credits at Antioch University New England
- Intern anywhere in the world
- Teach in the Boundary Waters and Minnesota’s Lake Superior & the Adirondacks, Green and White Mountains, and along the eastern coast
- Integrate the crafts of teaching field and classroom-based science inquiry.
- Transfer 9 credits from Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center’s graduate-naturalist courses
- Earn 33 credits from Antioch University New England
- Student Teach anywhere in the country
- Combine the best of field and classroom-based science teaching in the Boundary Waters Area, Minnesota’s Lake Superior & the Adirondacks, Green and White Mountains, and the eastern coast
- Open the doors to public and private school teaching throughout the country
Contact Wolf Ridge alumni & Antioch Science Teacher Certification student
Please don’t hesitate to contact Colleen Bumford. She welcomes your questions about her experience in our joint program.
”This is a specialized program that may not be able to be combined with other specialized programs.”