Education Department Presents “Public Conversations” with Master’s Candidates on June 5th
The Santa Barbara community is invited to join AUSB’s Master of Arts in Education students for our “Public Conversations” on Wednesday, June 5, 2013, from 4:30 to 7:30 pm. The free event will be held in the Community Hall at AUSB’s downtown campus, 602 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara. Light refreshments will be provided.
Current MA in Education candidates will describe their research and initiate an interactive conversation with attendees about wide-ranging education-related issues, including:
- Behavioral Issues in Preschool
- Evaluating Preschool Programs
- The Impact of Speech Tone and Rhythm on Learning
- Bullying in the Social Media
- Using “Social Stories” for Moral Development
- Education in Haiti: Challenges and Triumphs
- Evaluating Basic Skills Testing at Community Colleges
- Nutrition, Diabetes and Learning in the Latino Community
Public Conversations is an occasional series of events for students in AUSB’s graduate programs. Presenting Master’s candidates benefit from having a forum to gain feedback and hearing critiques of their research. Meanwhile, the community at large has the opportunity to explore a variety of interesting topics.
This is an ideal event for prospective MA and credential students, and attendance may also be considered for Independent Study.