Stream the Full Antioch in Conversation Water Panel Broadcast on KCRW
KCRW has made the full broadcast of the Antioch in Conversation event “Water: Is Santa Barbara All Dried Up?” – a presentation by the Santa Barbara Independent and moderated by Warren Olney – available on its website, KCRW.com.
In addition to Olney, the five local panelists who joined the discussion are:
• Charles Hamilton, General Manager, Carpinteria Valley Water District
• Kira Redmond, Executive Director, Santa Barbara Channelkeeper
• Helene Schneider, Santa Barbara Mayor
• Nick Welsh, Executive Editor, Santa Barbara Independent
• Robert Wilkinson, Professor, UCSB’s Bren School of Environmental Science & Management
To listen to the full hour-long discussion, please visit KCRW.com.
The discussion on California’s historic drought was held on Friday, Dec. 12 at Hahn Hall at the Music Academy of the West.
Three years into the worst drought in California history, Santa Barbara is looking for water. From importing supplies to re-opening its desalination plant — what are the costs? And what’s the environmental impact? Listen in at your convenience as Warren Olney moderates a panel of local experts on Santa Barbara’s sustainable future.