Transform your passion for education with a graduate degree tailored toward your professional goals to become an empowering educator. Antioch University Santa Barbara offers a one-of-a-kind Master of Arts (MA) in Education degree with two unique concentrations in Leadership & Social Justice and in Nature-Based Early Childhood Education. With an emphasis in experiential learning and hands-on training, our Master of Arts in Education programs will engage you in insightful study, making connections between coursework and fieldwork, as well as theory and practice. This program isn’t just about reading a textbook, it’s about developing the knowledge and skills you need to be a leader in your field.
This degree is offered by AU Santa Barbara.
With a flexible curriculum and guaranteed class availability, students can complete the MA in Education degree, in either concentration, in two (2) full-time and three (3) half-time quarters. Our MA in Education prepares you to be on the forefront of advocacy in Pre-K though 12 school districts, non-traditional schools, higher education, or for-profit and nonprofit organizations. This program stands apart from other graduate education degrees in these ways and more:
- Streamline your degree with a fast-paced curriculum that can be completed in five quarters and begins in Summer quarter. Take advantage of flexible evening and Saturday course options that accommodate each student’s work schedule.
- Interactive courses in small classrooms are built around open dialogue and team participation, encouraging a high level of involvement. This format provides ample opportunity to share your own knowledge while learning from your peers.
- Engaged faculty with extensive experience bring a real-world perspective to the coursework that is immediately applicable and relevant. If desired, you will receive professional mentoring throughout the MA program and even after graduation.
Students can complete the Master of Arts degree in two (2) full-time and three (3) half-time quarters
The MA in Education requires 45 quarter units of required courses, concentration courses, and elective courses. Our schedule is arranged for working professionals. Core courses prepare students to examine their own work in the context of working with schools or organizations.
- Complete the online admissions application.
- Official transcript from a regionally-accredited college or university indicating Bachelor’s degree conferral
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admission essay
- Applications being accepted for Summer Quarter!
- Instruction Begins in July
For either concentration
In 4-5 pages, please respond to the following questions. Please use the following format guidelines: 12-point type, double-spaced, 1″ margins, top right header on every page (in all capital letters): first and last name, page number.
- Describe your professional history and how the MA in Education will extend your personal and professional goals. Specify for Nature-Based or Leadership & Social Justice concentration.
- What opportunities have you had for leadership in your community and employment settings?
- What experiences have you had that prepare you to work with people who differ from yourself?
- Describe a difficult situation you have had, revealing any personal characteristics that enabled you to be an effective part of a solution.
- How do you see yourself contributing to a more equitable and sustainable society in our schools, the community or the greater society?
|Per Quarter Unit||$621|
|6-9 Quarter Units||$3,723|
|10-15 Quarter Units||$6,207|
Please note: Additional fees for all AUSB programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.
A majority of AUSB students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUSB.
There are no upcoming events at this time.