Are you interested in expanding your teaching opportunities through additional credentialing? Our options are designed with returning students in mind. Flexible scheduling, experienced faculty, and experiential learning opportunities are hallmarks of our teaching credentials programs, allowing you to position yourself as an invaluable educator and integral part of any school. Explore our options today and discover how AUSB can help you become a credentialed teacher.
This credentialing program is offered by AU Santa Barbara.
Designed to develop socially just and ecologically literate educators, Antioch’s Induction program combines field support with university support to help new and experienced teachers grow their practice and clear their credential.
This unique, 9-month program is designed for those who already possess a multiple or single subject credential to add the Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential: Mild-to-Moderate Disabilities to their existing teaching qualifications.
AUSB’s Multiple Subject Credential program is designed to cover both practical and theoretical aspects of education, with collegial support and faculty mentorship to facilitate your development as a professional. This is a stand-alone credential and meets California state requirements for the Preliminary Multiple Subject Credential.
Program length and requirements vary by credential. Please visit each credential page for specifics.
Application Process for Induction:
Application Requirements for Multiple Subject and M/M Education Specialist Credentials:
- Complete the online application
- Official transcript from a regionally-accredited college or university indicating Bachelor’s degree conferral
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admission essay questions:
In 4-5 pages, please respond to the following questions. Please use the following format guidelines: 12-point type, double-spaced, 1″ margins, top right header on every page (in all capital letters): first and last name, Teaching Credential, page number.
- Describe your professional history and how the Credential will extend your personal and professional goals.Specify for Multiple Subject program, Dual Credential, or Mild Moderate Special Education only. *
- What opportunities have you had for leadership in your community and employment settings?
- What experiences have you had that prepare you to work with people who differ from yourself?
- Describe a difficult situation you have had, revealing any personal characteristics that enabled you to be an effective part of a solution.
- Describe in some detail, your experiences in working with children. What were your roles, responsibilities? Who were the children? For applicants to the mild/moderate disabilities credential, please specifically highlight your experiences with children with disabilities, if any.
- Comment on your experience or interests in working toward or organizing for social change.
- What reforms do you see needed in schools and how do you envision necessary changes?
- What supports are in place for you as you prepare to be a teacher?
Multiple Subject and M/M Education Specialist Credential Programs
|Tuition Per Quarter Unit||$639|
|13-23 Quarter Units||$6,386|
|6-12 Quarter Units||$3,834|
Traditional Program, 2 years: $4,425
Early Completion Option, 1 year: $3,825 (prorated each quarter–$1,275, includes tuition and All Students-General Fee)
Please note: Additional fees for all AUSB programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.
A majority of AUSB students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUSB. Note: The Induction program is not eligible for financial aid.
There are no upcoming events at this time.