Assistant Director of Student Services
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Department: Student Services
Reports to: Director of Student Services
Position open until filled
The Assistant Director of Student Services is responsible for providing support for key student support services, including Disability Support Services, Veteran and Active Military Student Services, and Commencement. This position supports the daily operations of Student Services Department by providing administrative support in areas of student success and general administration. The Assistant Director of Student Services reports to the Director of Student Services and works closely with faculty, students, and appropriate offices of the University.
- Work with the Director of Student Services to implement and maintain student service programs to improve retention and student satisfaction.
- Responsible for testing new programs, software, etc. related to student service offerings.
- Provide back up support in the absence of the DSS Coordinator.
- Assist with updating print and online materials related to student services including, but not limited to, the Student Handbook.
- Responsible for data entry of room scheduling information in both Datatel Colleague and Google Calendar.
- Assist the Director of Student Services with AUSB student group events.
- Provide specialized customer service to applicants, students, and dependents eligible for active military and/or veteran benefits.
- Responsible for data entry in Colleague related to active military and/or veteran students as well as imaging of active military and/or veteran student records in ImageNow.
- Serve as a Designated School Official of the institution in regards to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Office, SEVIS, and other international student service entities.
- Advise F-1 international students and their dependents to help them maintain lawful immigration status through continuous education on immigration regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide expertise to faculty and staff offices regarding federal regulations pertaining to international students who attend the University on F-1 student visas.
- Responsible for faculty training regarding student service offerings.
- Responsible for attending new student orientations to provide students with information regarding student services at AU Santa Barbara.
- Responsible for communication to students regarding student services.
- Assist the Student Services Associate with data requests.
- Assist the Commencement Coordinator with tasks related to the annual commencement ceremony.
- Work with programs and Director of Student Services to implement and maintain accurate continuing education offerings at AU Santa Barbara.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have a BA degree from a regionally accredited institution. Must have a record of accomplishment as a student services professional or equivalent experience in an academic unit involving student records, financial aid, disability services, career planning, course registration, office supervision and interaction with faculty and departments. A minimum of 3 – 5 years of Student Services experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer systems.
- Experience with integrated student database programs such as Datatel, SCT Banner, or PeopleSoft (Datatel preferred).
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to learn information quickly.
- Must exercise professional judgment regarding highly student matters.
- Professional and pleasant attitude in dealing with people in person or on the phone.
- Ability to work under pressure in the face of competing demands.
- Ability to organize the functions and tasks of the Student Services Office.
- Ability to consider multiple perspectives and consider rules in the context of conflicting circumstances.
- Ability to get along well with others, to be a positive member of the Antioch community.
- Interested in the mission of the university and willing to work to promote its aims within the context of the roles and responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Student Services.
- Committed to the principles of a narrative evaluation process and be able to design systems to streamline processes.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external personnel to problem solve and work toward assigned objectives. Ability to be diplomatic, a good listener, work collaboratively with co-workers, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to work independently, organize, handle details, follow-through on tasks and problem solve with minimal supervision and be able to successfully complete tasks in a timely manner.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Hours of employment:
This is a full-time exempt position. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the Director of Student Services, evenings and/or weekend hours may be required. The normal work week is Monday through Friday, between 8:00a.m. and 6:00p.m. Benefits will be accrued on a 40 hour work week.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is DOE. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, life insurance, and pension plan. May be eligible for tuition benefit after one year of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Antioch reserves the right to change the duties of this position at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information of three references to: email@example.com