Financial Aid Packager
Website Antioch Univesity
Delivers exemplary customer service to current, prospective, and former students by managing the day-to-day processes of the financial aid office. Provides administrative and technical support within the Financial Aid Office. Provides the effective and accurate administration of financial funds, manages the work-study program, provides financial aid counseling, awards financial aid, and originates student aid.
- Provides financial aid counseling (via phone, email, video, orientation, and applications) to prospective, current, and former students, providing vital support to university recruitment and retention efforts. Counsels regarding procedures, availability, quality and access of financial aid funds in order to assure high quality student services, with the goal of assisting students in meeting their educational goals. (10%)
- Award financial aid funds to students using discretion and independent judgment within appropriate state and federal guidelines. Initiates, monitors, and audits these financial funds and relevant records in order to assure their accuracy according to Antioch, state and federal guidelines. (25%)
- Assures the processing of financial aid awards using automated student financial aid awarding and accounting system in order to maintain accurate student financial aid packages and records. (30%)
- Performs Verification processing and C-Match resolution, including default and over-borrowing resolution, for financial aid applicants. Supports University retention efforts by identifying students with unusual, high-need circumstances and reviewing their eligibility for additional assistance. (10%)
- Originates student loan applications using federally mandated calculations and procedures to ensure high quality, accurate and efficient disbursement of loan funds. Counsels and assists students through the process of applying for supplemental loans such as the Perkins and PLUS Loan. Runs tracking reports to ensure that applications processed on a timely basis. (10%)
- Provides student loan counseling and processes exit interviews for all students receiving financial aid prior to graduation in order to establish clear understanding of their responsibilities and to assure compliance with state and federal guidelines. (7%)
- Creates and updates forms, spreadsheets, and publications for internal and external financial aid processes. Logs and tracks important data in shared drive and student data system. Merges data from multiple systems on an ongoing basis as part of administering financial aid programs. Ensures that forms on website and available for handout are updated on a timely basis. (6%)
- Coordinates the institutional scholarship process including creating applications, posting and editing scholarships on website, communicating with prospective students, applicants and accepted students. Works with scholarship committee to score and award individual scholarships. (1%)
- Participates as an active member of university-wide governance structure, planning, and hiring committees, as appropriate. (1%)
- AA required, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s preferred
- 3 to 4 years relevant work experience require
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial aid processes and regulatory requirements preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency using an automated system require Previous experience using an automated financial aid awarding system strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, attentiveness to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities required
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills require
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with staff, faculty, and students with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated commitment to follow safety procedures.
- Displays flexibility, caring, resourcefulness, respect for others, and a sense of humor.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the diversity of the University, its community, and a commitment to uphold the University’s Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity policy.
Environmental and Job Hazards: No unusual environmental or job hazards.
Essential Physical and Mental Demands:
High volume of computer work required. Periods of extreme stress due to time constraints, high level of intense public contact and heavy volume of work. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Any AU campus (AUSB-Santa Barbara, CA- AULA-Los Angeles, CA- AUSE-Seattle,WA- AUNE-Keene, NH-AU, Antioch University Yellow Springs, OH) or REMOTE.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the responsibilities and other items related to the position at any time.
Qualified applicants must provide a cover-letter, resume/CV and three references at the time. To apply, send information to email@example.com.
Antioch University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org