Full Fixed Term Faculty Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology Program
Website Antioch University Santa Barbara
The position is for a full time faculty member who teaches, advises students, serves on dissertation committees, conducts scholarly work, and serves on campus, regional, and university committees. Area of expertise is open with a preference for academic expertise in at least two of the following areas: scientific foundations of psychology, clinical practice, psychodiagnostic assessment with an emphasis on personality assessment, modern psychodynamic theory and research, family forensic psychology, research methodology and data analysis. A commitment to quality training in a practitioner-scholar program is required.
- Engagement in Student Learning: Teaching load will be determined in consultation with the PsyD Program Chair and Academic Dean, depending on program needs. Conducts workshops on additional topics as needed. Chairs or serves on 10-12 dissertation committees. Serves as academic advisor to students with regard to academic progress, professional development, and clinical training.
- Engagement in Scholarship and Creative Work: Conducts scholarly work in the form of academic research, publications, and/or presentations at professional organizations. Attends trainings, conferences, and workshops to enhance professional growth and expertise in pedagogy, scientific foundations of clinical psychology, cultural competence, clinical practice and training, and/or forensic psychology. Maintains membership in professional associations within one’s discipline, such as the American Psychological Association.
- Engagement in Service: Participates in community service and local, statewide and/or national professional organizations that further the interests of the community, program, and university.
- Engagement in Institutional Citizenship: Serves on campus, regional, and university wide committees. Serves on admissions committees, reviews applications, and participates in interviewing PsyD applicants. Serves as mentor to adjunct colleagues. Facilitates the collection of data for program evaluation and participates in program development for accreditation purposes. Participates in the development and revision of the curriculum. Assists in assigned aspects of the doctoral program including the development of workshops or special events, and student, alumni, and faculty surveys.
- Other duties as needed: Participates in curriculum development, grant-writing, and other departmental initiatives. Performs other duties as assigned by the program Chair.
- Doctoral degree in psychology from a regionally accredited institution with preference for a graduate from a professional psychology program. Psychology licensure or licensure eligibility.
- Minimum 2 years faculty and higher education administrative experience preferred.
- Experience in a multicultural environment with a demonstrated commitment to culturally diverse adult learners.
- Experience in providing applied psychological training and education to graduate students.
- Experience in curriculum development and program evaluation.
- Detail orientation and organizational ability.
- Knowledge of American Psychological Association Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct, and California Board of Psychology regulations.
- Knowledge of institutions of higher education and clinical training in professional psychology.
- Grant writing and program development experience a plus.
- Ability to get along well with others and be a positive member of the AUSB community.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of independent judgment and the ability to meet goals in a timely manner.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the AUSB mission. An understanding of and commitment to AUSB students, especially adult learners and non-traditional students.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general psychology periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Hours of Employment: This is a full-time position. The work schedule will be established in consultation with the department Chair with some evenings and/or weekend hours required. The normal week is Monday through Friday. Faculty are exempt employees.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary is dependent upon placement on the Faculty Salary Schedule. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, life insurance, and pension plan. Eligible for tuition benefit after one year of employment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ANTIOCH RESERVED THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THIS POSITON AT ANY TIME.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
NOTE: The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest, resume/CV and the names and contact information of three references to:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org