Hours: six hour shifts (four hour shifts on Saturdays)
Providing stellar customer service at the Library Services Desk, circulating all library materials – books, DVDs, laptops, and AV equipment — assisting patrons with the use of equipment, shelving books, shipping and receiving of interlibrary loan materials, cleaning the library, and other assistance as needed. All daily tasks in the library are shared; special projects are assigned according to skills and interests.
Must be eligible for Federal Work Study.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides excellent service and support to everyone who visits the library.
- Ensures the AUSB Library is a welcoming place.
- Maintains patron confidentiality.
- Checks email and circulation system for requests for items.
- Sends and packages materials to other libraries as needed.
- Contacts AUSB patrons to let them know when their requested materials have arrived.
- Shelves / Re-shelves books.
- Checks books in / out.
- Helps patrons locate or discover library materials
- Provides scans of chapters upon request.
- Trouble shoots patron problems with Sakai, Gmail, Word/Docs, PPT/Slides, Excel/Sheets
- Opens / Closes the library
- Promptly responds to email/phone requests.
- Arrives promptly and remains in the Library for the duration of scheduled shifts
- Able to bend and lift packages of up to 15 lbs.
Students in this position must be able to work independently and to confer regularly with immediate supervisor to exchange information related to library services. Friendly, service-oriented, and organized with excellent interpersonal skills and telephone/customer service skills. Computer skills and openness to learning new technology service skills. Good oral and written communication skills and an aptitude for details and multitasking. Good team spirit and dedication to improving Library services. Familiarity with MS Office and Google suite of software, Web research, and intermediate level of computer skills on Windows and Mac. Able to work 2-3 shifts a week, including weekends and nights as needed.
HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Library assistants work in six-hour shifts (four-hour shifts on Saturdays). The following shifts are open:
Monday: 8:30AM – 2:30PM
Wednesday: 8:30AM – 2:30PM
Friday: 8:30AM – 2:30PM
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Federal Work-Study pay is $14.00 hourly. FWS employees are covered under the University’s workers compensation plan.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Antioch reserves the right to change the duties of this position at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org