Research Associate – Faculty Position
Position: Research Associate
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Department: Academic Administration
Reports to: Provost/CEO
Closed: Until filled
Reporting to the Provost, the Research Associate primarily conducts research activities associated with accreditation, institutional effectiveness, annual and comprehensive program reviews, grant research for institutional advancement, and grant writing. The position also serves as the project director of the Title III College-to-Career program and provides consultation for undergraduate retention and degree completion activities. As a member of the faculty, the Research Associate will engage in student learning with teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level depending on discipline.
- In concert with the Provost, develop processes related to the measurement of institutional effectiveness using continuous quality improvement techniques and methods.
- Perform research and data analysis associated with accreditation, retention, and student success efforts and in coordination with specified campus constituencies in areas of institutional performance (e.g., graduation rates).
- Serve as campus IR coordinator for University’s annual IR report by gathering data from campus HR, CFO, Admissions, and Registrar.
- Serve as campus representative on Assessment Resource Team.
- Work collaboratively with departments to complete research tasks including surveys.
- As directed, research, draft, and complete grant applications to foundations and to further support HSI and other grants.
- Responsible for the strategic activities of the College-to-Career program as proposed in the Title III grant, including career development curriculum and initiatives.
- Oversee grant budget in collaboration with the Business Manager.
- Collaborate with external evaluator to develop and complete grant assessment procedures.
- Orient new faculty and staff in best practices associated with retention and the use of retention software.
- Collaborate with Student Services and undergraduate program to integrate grant services with departmental needs.
- Collaborate with Institutional Advancement to seek funding for the extension, scholarships, and institutionalization of program.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in higher education administration, business, social sciences, or other related field with significant experience with research activities. Doctoral degree preferred.
- 5 – 7 years related work experience.
- Knowledge of office, productivity, and survey and data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, Survey Monkey) sufficient to function smoothly in a highly technology-based environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing new programs and curriculum
- Experience in higher education administration with overseeing budget resources, supervising personnel, and developing policy and procedures
- Experience in grant writing
- A strong commitment to and understanding of AUSB’s mission.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively with administration, faculty, staff, students and other Antioch University personnel.
- Ability to work independently, utilize good judgment, and meet all goals in a timely manner.
- Innovative problem solving, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- An understanding of and commitment to AUSB adult and non-traditional students.
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive member of the AUSB community and work well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop and write clear and compelling grants.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest, resume/CV and the names and contact information of three references to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org