Senior Director of Institutional Advancement
Website Antioch University
The Senior Director of Institutional Advancement will be a bright and dynamic leader with responsibilities for campuses on the West Coast. The Senior Director is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the development and alumni programs in the West Coast and will serve as the key representative for Antioch University with individual donors, alumni, faculty, and staff in that region. The Senior Director will collaborate with the Institutional Advancement team, the West Coast campus provosts, and the local development councils to support the fulfillment of Antioch University’s mission. Specifically, the Senior Director is responsible for: developing sustainable philanthropic revenue streams from individual major gifts and granting organizations; engaging with the University’s alumni communities in the West Coast to create quality long-term relationships between the alumni base and the University and between members of the alumni community; and planning and leading a comprehensive annual giving program for the University system.
- Strategic Fundraising/Administrative/Events 90%
- Develop a deep knowledge base of the West Coast campus programs and funding priorities to create and effectively communicate a powerful case for philanthropic support
- Manage relationships with prospects and donors in the West Coast; will be expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important alumnae and friends of the University
- Collaborate and provide strategic direction to the campus leadership, key faculty, and program directors to enable their ability to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donor prospects
- Actively engage with the West Coast campus communities representing and advocating Antioch University
- Create campus specific alumni relations programs at the West Coast campuses and be responsible for implementing the constituent facing engagement activities
- Manage the execution of communications to alumni, including the alumni magazine and regularly scheduled newsletters
- Develop, execute, and manage the University’s direct appeal strategy, including segmentation, schedule, and mediums
- Perform comprehensive analyses related to all aspects of the annual giving programs; analyze giving trends in order to make course corrections and achieve fundraising goals during the fiscal year, and set annual goals and objectives
- Accountable to agreed-upon metrics and goals that assess progress and performance
- Manage the Development and Alumni Relations budget
- Performs other duties as assigned including staff supervision where necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred. Qualified candidate will have at least 5 years’ of progressively responsible experience in development and higher education or a demonstrated skill set that is highly applicable
- Knowledge and experience with administering annual fund appeals required. A demonstrated track record of fundraising success is highly desirable and a track record that shows capacity to develop and nurture relationships culminating in overall success
- Aptitude with technology is essential, including MS Office Suite, Internet applications, social media, and a familiarity with other emerging communication innovations and willingness to learn new applications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position requires the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- Knowledge/adhere to and promote industry ethical standards and practices, including The Donor Bill of Rights and AFP’s Code of Ethical Standards
- Comfort and skill operating in an entrepreneurial program within a mature and established institution
- Data oriented person with experience working with Raiser’s Edge or a similar constituency management software
- Demonstrated excellent writing, communication, presentation skills and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ambitious work ethic with a high level of action and productivity
- Demonstrated ability to work with and across teams
- Results oriented and mission driven
- Adaptability to unexpected challenges and changes in an environment
- Ability to represent the University and Advancement department professionally
- Must be capable of working with sensitive information with complete confidentiality
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. May require extra hours and weekends during peak work periods. Travel will be required. This position will require regular travel to each campus on the West Coast, and to alumni and donors in that region.
Office to be housed at Antioch University in Culver City, California.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume/CV and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Sr.Director Institutional Advancement in the subject line of the email.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com