- This event has passed.
JUNTA Crisis Clinic Special Training
February 19 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pmfree
JUNTA has invited Jennifer Winslow, the Training Manager from the Crisis Clinic to present a special training for those interested in work with youth in Room 202. This free training is available to all AUS students and alumni. REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Email Sara Beth Lohreslohre@antioch.eduto register or call206-953-8210.
It is important that you preregister and arrive on time (required for CE). Space will be limited.
Networks for Life is a certified training for school faculty, individuals in the field of education, and any adult who works directly with youth.
Content in this training includes:
* Policies, procedures, and roles of the professional and institution in youth suicide prevention, intervention, and post-intervention
* Skills to identify, explore, and intervene signs of suicidal ideation
* Communication with students and their families about depression and suicide
* Laws and ethics in confidentiality and reporting
* Tools to support youth after a suicide loss. This course is offered to school personnel statewide and meets the requirements under House Bill 1336, which requires school nurses, social workers, psychologists, and counselors to complete three hours of certified training on youth suicide screening and referral. Trainings can also be tailored to meet the specific needs of schools and organizations.
This event is for AUS students and alumni only.