How to apply
- Completed the online admissions application.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges/universities you have attended to the Admissions Office. Transcript evaluations are required for all coursework completed outside of the U.S. or Canada (except Quebec). See Transcript Evaluation section on International Students webpage for details.
- Two recommendations are required. Use the online application form to enter the names and email address of your recommenders.
Your recommenders should include people who can best assess your capabilities and readiness to enter a graduate clinical training program. These include social science instructors that you may have had in college as well as professionals who have provided supervision of work you have been involved in a helping role with people in a mental health, social service or educational setting. Recommendations from friends, relatives, or personal therapists are not acceptable.
- Admission Essay
Please include one to two pages (between 250 and 500 words) for each of the following questions and clearly number your response to each question:
- We are curious about your previous experiences (e.g., personal, professional, and academic) and would like to know how these experiences have led you toward the choice to apply to the Couples and Family Therapy Program at Antioch University Seattle. Please describe a few of those fundamental experiences.
- The Couples and Family Therapy Program is both academically and emotionally rigorous. What challenges, if any, do you foresee encountering during your studies? What forms of support will you use to meet those challenges?
- Antioch University Seattle and the Couples and Family Therapy Program are committed to preparing professional clinicians to be culturally responsive and advocates for social, economic, and environmental justice. How does social justice and becoming a culturally responsive clinician align with your interest in becoming a couples and family therapist?
- What are your professional goals in relation to the Couples and Family Therapy Program and how will this program specifically help you to reach those goals?
- Writing Assessment. A writing assessment is required before the final review of your application. You can schedule your writing assessment at any time before or on the day of your interview. Contact the Admissions Office to schedule an appointment.
- Select applicants may be invited to participate in a group interview with faculty.
All admission application supporting materials, transcripts, essays, etcetera, should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the:
Antioch University Seattle
2400 3rd Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98121
|Fall 2019||Feb. 1, 2019*||Sept. 30, 2019|
|Winter 2020||Aug. 1, 2019*||Jan. 6, 2020|
|Spring 2020||Nov. 15, 2019*||Apr. 6, 2020|
|Fall 2020||Feb. 1, 2020*||Sept., 2020|
|*Complete applications received after the Deadline date may be considered if space is still available in that quarter or will be reviewed for the next available term.|
|Cost per Credit||Full-Time Credits per Quarter||Full-Time Tuition and fees per Quarter*||Total Program Credits||Total Tuition
|*Quarterly Student Service and Technology fees included in the calculation. See below for more information on each fee.
**This information is provided as an estimate of total tuition for each program based on the total number of required credits to complete the degree, and does not include the required Student Services and Technology fees.
Financial Aid is also available to most students.