How to apply
- Completed the online admissions application.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges/universities you have attended to the Admissions Office. Transcript evaluations are required for all coursework completed outside of the U.S. or Canada (except Quebec). See Transcript Evaluation section on International Students webpage for details.
- Two recommendations are required. Use the online application form to enter the names and email address of your recommenders.
Your recommenders should include people who can best assess your capabilities and readiness to enter a graduate clinical training program. These include social science instructors that you may have had in college as well as professionals who have provided supervision of work you have been involved in a helping role with people in a mental health, social service or educational setting. Recommendations from friends, relatives, or personal therapists are not acceptable.
- Completion of 2 three-credit courses in Drama OR 270 hours of direct theater experience. The following are a few examples of drama courses as well as theater experience:
- Submit information documenting the courses you have completed using this downloadable Prerequisite Form.
- Admission Essay
Submit a typewritten, double-spaced, one to two-page (between 250 and 500 words) response for each question and clearly number your response for each question.
- We are curious about your previous experiences (e.g., personal, professional, and academic) and would like to know how these experiences have led you toward the choice to apply to the Drama Therapy Program at Antioch University Seattle. Please describe a few of those fundamental experiences.
- The Drama Therapy Program is both academically and emotionally rigorous. What challenges, if any, do you foresee encountering during your studies? What forms of support will you use to meet those challenges?
- Antioch University Seattle and the Drama Therapy Program are committed to preparing professional counselors to be culturally competent and become advocates for social, economic, and environmental justice. How does social justice and becoming culturally competent align with your interest in becoming a professional counselor?
- What are your professional goals in relation to the Drama Therapy Program and how will this program specifically help you to reach those goals?
- Writing Assessment. A writing assessment is required before the final review of your application. You can schedule your writing assessment at any time before or on the day of your interview. Contact the Admissions Office to schedule an appointment.
- International Students have additional admission requirements. See International Students page for details.
- Select applicants may be invited to participate in an interview with faculty.
All admission application supporting materials, transcripts, essays, etcetera, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the:
Antioch University Seattle
2400 3rd Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98121
|Quarter||Priority Deadline||Deadline||Classes Begin|
|Fall 2018||Feb. 1 2018*||Oct. 1, 2018|
|Fall 2019||December 1, 2018||Feb. 1, 2019*||Sep 30, 2019|
|Complete applications received after the Deadline date may be considered if space is still available in that quarter. Please contact the Admissions Office, email@example.com, for information regarding current space availability for an upcoming term.|