Antioch University Seattle’s Veteran Center and student group AUS Vets are co-sponsoring this grant writing workshop for student veterans, which is also open to everyone!
The workshop is from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Monday, May 15, 2017, and it will be followed by a Q&A after 4:00 p.m.
Presenter K. Sylla Fury has been a writer and technical editor for more than 25 years. In 2002, she received a PhD in rhetoric and professional communication. Career highlights include serving as the grant writer for the natural resources research teams at New Mexico State University and as the web content for the National Ignition Facility at Lawrence Livermore National Lab. She is currently a PsyD student at Antioch University Seattle!
Participants will learn how to:
- Look for grants that will help further their goals
- Research prospective funders and agencies
- Create a project team when it’s required
- Write in a compelling way
- Avoid common mistakes
- Complete any grant requirements if funded, including SMART metrics to track success