- This event has passed.
Renewing Ourselves & Our Teaching: A Retreat for Educators
July 16 - July 18
AVAILABLE FOR CLOCK HOURS AND CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS.
This two-day retreat for educators will be a time to connect deeper with themselves and their calling. Mike Seymour, Brenda McKinney & Charity Staudenraus are well-known Heritage Institute instructors whose combined backgrounds will ensure a very unique and special event.
Using meditation and mindfulness to relieve stress, stay connected and brighten the mind both for you as an educator and, in simple steps, your students.
- Keeping a written journal of your inner and outer life as a way to deepen self-awareness and knowledge.
- Brain-based science in mental and physical health, and its role in getting centered in the best of who we are.
- Great energizers during those sluggish moments at home and school.
- Dealing with distractions (mobile devices, TV, food) of all kinds that keep us from staying grounded more in ourselves.
- Awareness and being more present to ourselves, family and students.
- Pathways to find peace and joy.
- Strategies to take back to home and school.
All participants will join an online forum before the retreat, providing a space for pre-retreat assignments required for both clock hour and credit participants.
Antioch University Seattle has a long-standing partnership with The Heritage Institute to provide clock hour and continuing education opportunities.