Keiko Sano, PhD
Core Faculty, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Keiko Sano is a licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) and a nationally certified counselor (NCC). Born and raised in Japan, she has worked in countries including Japan, New Zealand, Australia, and Hong Kong before moving to the United States, where she served diverse populations from all over the world and developed her strong interest in multicultural aspects. Keiko’s clinical work focuses on clients from diverse backgrounds, and her academic and research interests including cross-cultural counseling and supervision, counselors diversity, and globalization in counseling and counselor education.
PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision – Antioch University Seattle
Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Antioch University Seattle
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- International Association for Counseling (IAC)
- International Registry of Counselor Education Program (IRCEP)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Washington Mental Health Counselors Association (WMHCA)
- Washington State Association for Counselor Education (WACES)
I strongly value for student-centered learning where learning and teaching occur simultaneously in sharing our communities and learning experiences together.