Administrative Assistant to the Associate Provost
Location: Seattle campus (remote until the campus reopens)
Job title: Administrative Assistant to the Associate Provost
Reports to: Associate Provost
Salary grade: Non-exempt, Hourly (Part Time)
Posted: October 6, 2020
Open: Until Filled
The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact and first impression for students, faculty, staff, and the public requesting services through the Associate Provost’s office. The Administrative Assistant plays a vital role in assisting students with the pursuance of their educational goals and provides administrative support to ensure the quality, effectiveness, and integrity of office functions.
- Administrative Support:
- Greet visitors, answer phones, and respond to inquiries.
- Assist with front desk functions as necessary.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including data entry, obtaining signatures, drafting/editing/revision of letters, emails, and reports.
- Maintain appropriate records and office correspondences.
- Revise and publish manuals and handbooks.
- Prepare and coordinate project reports including compiling data and statistics from various resources and databases.
- Assist with catalog edits.
- Coordinate calendars.
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas, room reservations, and develop meeting materials.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Organize timetables and logistics for various projects.
- Assist with new faculty orientations.
- Maintain accurate files and data to support budget transactions and expenditures. ∙ Manage requisitioning of office supplies and equipment.
- Assist with updating related webpages.
- Update and revise forms and postings in Sakai.
- Recommend appropriate technologies to assure achievement of university goals. ∙ Resolve issues based on established college policies and procedures.
- Student Support: Serve as a liaison and resource for Student Life.
- ∙Collect and keep an updated repository of student handbooks for all programs. ∙ Assist students with contacting advisors as appropriate.
- Assist with new student orientations in conjunction with programs and admissions. ∙ Assist with scheduling and organizing student forums.
- Track student inquiries, complaints, and processes.
- Track time and attendance and manage submission of timesheets for work-study students.
- Develop FAQ, resource documents, and flyers that are helpful for students.
- Comply with laws/regulations governing student records including but not limited FERPA and confidentiality requirements.
- Campus Support:
- Work in collaboration and cooperation with leadership and academic divisions on campus.
- Act as a liaison to other AUS offices.
- Serve on event planning committees such as commencement, recognition award ceremony, retreats, and other celebrations.
- Serve on the campus PAOMEA and FALT teams.
- Regularly attend activities or events on campus.
- Assist with the Diversity Council meetings and events.
- Serve on campus committees as approved by the Associate Provost.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a diverse, participatory environment and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Publisher, Google Docs, Zoom, and Gmail.
- Ability to independently plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 2 years administrative assistant experience in corporate or academic environment.
- Experience with adult and/or nontraditional students.
- Experience working via distance/remote technologies.
- Competency or familiarity with Colleague, SurveyMonkey, Publisher and Sakai.
To be considered for this position, please complete and submit the following documents to email@example.com:
∙ Cover Letter
∙ Current Resume
∙ Names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references.
References will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate.
For accommodations to complete the application process, and/or if selected for an interview, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com