Location: Seattle campus
Department: Admissions and Enrollment
Job title: Enrollment Counselor
Reports to: Director of Admissions and Enrollment
Salary grade: Non-exempt, Hourly
Percent time: 100%
Posted: February 5, 2018
Open: Until Filled
Antioch University Seattle is offering an opportunity for a full-time Admissions Counselor. This position will be responsible for recruiting and counseling prospective students through personal contact, development of referral networks, and participation in public events including information sessions, open houses, and outreach activities. Prepares and delivers effective public presentations about Antioch University Seattle and its academic programs. This position will have a strong knowledge of curriculum, degree requirements, faculty, recruitment priorities and procedures, and activities of faculty, students, and alumni.
Antioch University, founded in1852, is known for innovations in education such as a commitment to transformative learning and applied knowledge, multiculturalism, and socially engaged citizenship. Located north of the Belltown neighborhood, Antioch stands out among universities and colleges in Seattle for its exclusive focus on adult learners.
Whether students are pursuing graduate studies or completing a bachelor’s degree, limited-size classes and strong support from dedicated, expert faculty will enhance the student’s life. Plus, with Antioch’s flexible programs, education can be tailored to personal and professional goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant and progressively responsible experience required. Marketing,outreach, and public relations experience preferred.
- Must be an articulate, organized, results driven, dynamic and enthusiastic team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituenciesin a diverse community.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills needed.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to work successfully in a participatoryenvironment.
- Must demonstrate a high level of customer service; attention to detail; and organizational andproblem-solving ability.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience working with word processing, email, and databasemanagement software required.
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to engage in regional travel.
- Ability to travel to participate in occasional evening and weekend recruitment events (validdriver’s license and access to reliable car strongly preferred).
Equivalent education/experience may substitute for minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
Complete and submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vita
- Three professional references
Antioch University Seattle is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and veteran status.