Facilities Maintenance Technician
Website Antioch University
The Facilities Maintenance Technician performs routine facility maintenance, cleaning, repairs and furniture/equipment setups throughout the University. This position will also provide audiovisual support in classrooms for faculty, students and staff as needed. Occasionally provide front desk support and coverage.
- Performs minor repairs, furniture setups, minor cleaning, preventive maintenance and related work tasks on the University’s facilities.
- Performs general maintenance; independently performs assigned maintenance and repair work on building, grounds, equipment, furniture, and machinery.
- Moves furniture and performs office and classroom/event setups.
- Assist staff, faculty, and students with classroom A/V needs.
- Provide occasional support and coverage of front desk, including directing people to proper departments and answering phones.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent or demonstrated strong skills in reading, writing, and communication.
- Two years’ maintenance experience or similar work/trade experience.
- Demonstrated basic working knowledge of minor maintenance requirements of physical plant fixtures and facilities and basic custodial tools, hand tools and equipment.
- Basic/intermediate AV knowledge and background.
- Strong customer service experience and skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with staff, faculty, and students with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to cultural, developmental, religious, and ethnic diversity of the university and its community.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Commitment to follow safety procedures.
- Displays flexibility, caring, resourcefulness, respect for others, and a sense of humor.
Environmental and Job Hazards:
- Requires intermittent exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- May be required to work at heights, on ladders, or in narrow spaces for the purposes of facility/equipment repair.
Essential Physical and Mental Demands:
- Requires visual concentration on detail, dexterity, and precision.
- Requires periods of prolonged standing, and moderate periods of stooping, bending and kneeling.
- Requires lifting and carrying heavy materials and supplies numerous times during work shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To be considered for this position, please complete and submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Names, addresses (including email addresses) and telephone numbers of three references. References will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate.
For accommodations to complete the application process, and/or if selected for an interview, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Antioch University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and veteran status.