Financial Aid Counselor- 2 positions
Website Antioch University
Seeking 2 candidates – Antioch University and Antioch University Online
Delivers exemplary customer service to current, prospective, and former students by managing the day-to-day processes of the financial aid office. Provides administrative and technical support to the Financial Aid Officer and within the Financial Aid Office. Provides the effective and accurate administration of financial funds, manages the work-study program, provides financial aid counseling, awards financial aid, and originates student aid.
Financial Aid Processing- 70%
- Award financial aid funds to students using discretion and independent judgment within appropriate state and federal guidelines. Initiates, monitors, and audits these financial funds and relevant records in order to assure their accuracy according to Antioch, state and federal guidelines.
- Assures the processing of financial aid awards using automated student financial aid awarding and accounting system in order to maintain accurate student financial aid packages and records.
- Performs Verification processing and C-Match resolution, including default and over-borrowing resolution, for financial aid applicants. Supports University retention efforts by identifying students with unusual, high-need circumstances and reviewing their eligibility for additional assistance.
- Originates student loan applications using federally mandated calculations and procedures to ensure high quality, accurate and efficient disbursement of loan funds. Counsels and assists students through the process of applying for supplemental loans such as the PLUS Loan. Runs tracking reports to ensure that these applications are processed on a timely basis.
- Creates and updates forms, spreadsheets, and publications for internal and external financial aid processes. Logs and tracks important data in shared drive and student data system. Merges data from multiple systems on an ongoing basis as part of administering financial aid programs. Ensures that forms on website and available for handout are updated on a timely basis.
- Coordinates the institutional scholarship process including creating applications, posting and editing scholarships on website, communicating with prospective students, applicants and accepted students. Works with scholarship committee to score and award individual scholarships
- Coordinate and manage Federal Work Study and State Work Study programs in conjunction with Human Resources and Central Payroll Offices, including identifying eligible students, communicating job openings, sending Web Time Entry notices, monitoring usage of awarded funds, and facilitating new hire paperwork and student employment contract creation
Financial Aid Counseling / Exit Interviews– 25%
- Provides financial aid counseling (via phone, email, walk-in appointment, orientation, and open house events) to prospective, current, and former students, providing vital support to university recruitment and retention efforts. Counsels regarding procedures, availability, quality and access of financial aid funds in order to assure high quality student services, with the goal of assisting students in meeting their educational goals.
- Provides student loan counseling and processes exit interviews for all students receiving financial aid prior to graduation in order to establish clear understanding of their responsibilities and to assure compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Oversees Consortium Agreement program at AUS, including identifying possible eligible students, orienting students on the process, coordinating required paperwork, and reviewing eligibility for continued participation.
- Participates as an active member of campus-wide governance structure, planning, and hiring committees, as appropriate.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position requires the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- Knowledge of Department of Education financial aid regulations
- Experience with automated files management, tracking, and letter generating computer programs
- Superb interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with staff, the public, various government entities and the university community
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Skill in managing one’s own time
- Sensitivity to working in a diverse work environment.
- Ability to solve problems effectively and exercise good judgment
- Demonstrated analytical abilities to handle complex administrative details with experience working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all matters pertaining to the business and finance department Ability to function both as a team member and a team leader
- Ability to deliver and prioritize excellent customer service
- AA required, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s preferred.
- 3 to 4 years relevant work experience required.
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
Any Antioch University Campus (Los Angeles-AULA, Santa Barbara-AUSB, Keene, NH-AU NE), Seattle- AUS, Yellow Springs-AU Central, or REMOTE.
While performing the duties of this job, the faculty member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To be considered for this position, please complete and submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Names, addresses (including email addresses) and telephone numbers of three references. References will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate.
Applications review will start immediately. Open until filled.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org