Student Employee – BA Completion
Position Title: Student Employee – BA Completion Program
Position Type: Federal Work-Study
Department: BA Completion
Supervisor: Sue Woehrlin
Supervisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per Week: 10 hours regularly (occasionally 15-20 during weeks of Senior Symposium & Commencement)
The BA Completion Program is a unique undergraduate experience that serves students who come from varied educational backgrounds. Credits for Prior Learning, Independent Studies, and Internships often accompany standard weekly course credits that students earn throughout their time in the Program. These multifaceted learning activities require a willingness on the part of staff and faculty to meet the unique needs of students. This also extends to student employees. The student employee will assist the Program Associate, Chair, and faculty in functions that include data entry, document creation, organizing, copying, scanning, and filing.
FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Staff the BA Department’s two primary events – Senior Symposium (11:00am-10:00pm Thursday, Week 9) and Grad Tea (Will be the same day as Commencement)
• Assist with Commencement at the end of Spring Quarter (mid-June; will be on a Sunday)
• Creation of Documents/Flyers
• Scanning/filing, general duties for the Program as per Program Associate and Department Chair
• Be available on as-needed basis for all Program Faculty needs (scanning, filing, etc.).
• Student employee must maintain a high sense of professionalism and customer service, including in-person, phone, and e-mail etiquette.
• Student employee must have attention to detail, as well as the capacity to multi-task and complete assignments in a timely manner.
• Student employee must demonstrate excellence in the use of a variety of computer software, such as word processing, spreadsheet, and relational database systems.
• Due to the sensitivity of student information, the student employee must adhere to university FERPA policies and maintain a high level of confidentiality of student data and record information.
Note: Only students with Federal Work-Study eligibility may apply. Like all Work-Study jobs, this position pays $16/hour on a bi-weekly basis. Contact the Financial Aid Office a email@example.com if you have any questions about your eligibility.