Student Employee – Center for Teaching and Learning
Position Title: Student Employee – Center for Teaching and Learning
Position Type: Federal Work-Study
Department: Center for Teaching and Learning
Supervisor: Lindsey Gay
Supervisor’s Email: email@example.com
Hours per Week: 10+
Weekends: Not required
Evenings: Not required
The Center for Teaching and Learning, which houses the Writing Lab, courses in academic writing, and programming for faculty development, is hiring a student assistant to support day-to-day operations. The student assistant will report directly to the Director of the CTL and will enjoy a flexible schedule that includes working remotely and meeting online/virtually with coworkers. Primary duties will include assisting with correspondence, scheduling, and updating the CTL’s online presence.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet virtually and in person with the CTL Director and other staff/faculty as needed
• Assist in managing the CTL’s email account and Google calendar
• Assist in managing the CTL’s online presence by updating websites, social media pages, and email announcements
• Assist in planning CTL events and quarterly responsibilities, e.g. workshop scheduling and regular communications to faculty
• Assist with other responsibilities as required.
• Strong proficiency in writing and electronic communications
• Strong collaborative and project management skills
• Strong self-directed work ethic and ability to regularly schedule and fulfill their CTL responsibilities
• Experience with the Google suite (Drive, Calendar, etc.)
• We seek an individual who is reflective, collaborative, and eager to grow and develop their own skills.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and two academic writing samples to Lindsey Gay, Writing Lab Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Currently, only students with Federal Work-Study eligibility may apply. Contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com if you have any questions about your eligibility.