Student Employee – Student Services Ambassador
Position Title: Student Employee – Student Services Ambassador
Position Type: Federal Work-Study
Department: Integrated Student Services
Supervisor: Jon Stevens
Supervisor’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: Fall 2018
Number of Positions: 1-2
Hours per Week: 10-20
Weekends Required: No
Evenings Required: Occasional
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Integrated Student Services team caters to students on issues regarding Registration, Admissions, and Financial Aid. The student employee will assist the Integrated Student Services coordinator in functions relating to front desk, prospect inquiry, and organizational projects involving the Registration and Admissions Departments. Students in this position:
- Assist in greeting and helping prospective students and applicants in person, on e-mail, and by phone.
- Help walk-in students with completion of Integrated Student Services forms and provide general academic program information.
- Schedule future appointments with counselors on their calendars.
- Open, date stamp, and distribute incoming mail to appropriate staff and offices.
- Schedule and administer on-campus writing assessments.
- Assist in processing applications and applicant documents in multiple database and university enterprise systems.
- File processed transcripts and applications into student files.
- Support office staff with copying, faxing, office mailings, scanning, data entry, and other department-based projects when needed.
- Assist Admissions Counselors on occasion with campus tours.
- Provide occasional campus event support.
- Student employee must maintain a high sense of professionalism and customer service, including in-person, phone, and e-mail etiquette.
- Student employee must have attention to detail, as well as the capacity to multi-task and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Student employee must demonstrate excellence in the use of a variety of computer software, such as word processing, spreadsheet, and relational database systems.
- Given the fast-paced environment of the office, the student employee must be quick to adapt to situations, and be sensitive to the needs of the students at any given time.
- Due to the sensitivity of student information, the student employee must adhere to university FERPA policies and maintain a high level of confidentiality of student data and record information.
Note: To apply, send a resume and cover letter to the supervisor listed above. Only students with Federal Work-Study eligibility may apply. Contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com if you have any questions about your eligibility.