University Registrar Specialist
Position Title: University Registrar Specialist
Location: Seattle campus
Supervisor: Student Academic Systems Coordinator
Classification: Full time Administrative, Non-Exempt
The Registrar Specialist is a member of the University Registrar’s team in supporting and implementing the daily registrar operations across University campuses. This role is responsible for adhering to best practices in creating, maintaining and producing an accurate student and academic record. While individual positions will assume primary responsibility for selected tasks and functions listed below, all specialists will be cross-trained on all tasks to provide back-up and support throughout the system.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Maintain and update student record information including student status, admission provisions, restrictions, program assignment, and academic standing
- Manage assigned registration functions, wait-list, intra-university registration, priority and block registration, hold management and other tasks as assigned.
- Enter and update approved transfer credit
- Build, maintain, and update assigned course and program records to ensure consistency and proper functioning in Colleague, support campus-based section schedule building, review section schedules.
- Support development of University Catalog through collection, organization and verification of information and communication with campuses
- Monitor registration activity to maximize access and ensure accuracy in course selection and billing; assist with set-up and updates of web registration parameters
- Maintain and update degree audits, including substitutions and waivers, as directed by the Associate Registrar
- Support and manage assigned aspects of grading process, including updates to electronic narratives, grade verification, missing grade reporting and monitoring
- Assist with end-user training and faculty and student support for electronic narratives
- Manage communications management function through creation of messages, maintenance of codes, organizing a schedule of messaging, tracking and reporting.
- Process approved degree conferrals
- Manage the imaging of student files
- Provide support to campus-based Integrated Student Service functions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Attention to detail; commitment to adhering to data entry standards
- High level of technical expertise in Colleague, ImageNow, Business Objects, as well as strong proficiency in Microsoft Office systems, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills; commitment to following up with initiators of a request, ability to manage multiple requests, motivation to meet or exceed stated deadlines, or to communicate reasons for delay
- Demonstration of initiative and problem-solving orientation
- Commitment to team-building, providing back-up as needed, willingness to learn new skill
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three years of experience in a higher education setting required; experience in a registrar’s office setting preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the faculty member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To be considered for this position, please complete and submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Names, addresses (including email addresses) and telephone numbers of three references. References will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate.
For accommodations to complete the application process, and/or if selected for an interview, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Applications review will start immediately. Open until filled.
Antioch University Seattle is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and veteran status.