AUS provides education and training for people with busy lives and curious minds
Whether you’ve got a week for an institute, a day for a workshop, an evening to for inspiring speaker, or a few minutes a day to take an online class, we have continuing education options that meet your needs.
Conferences, Workshops, Institutes, and other opportunities
Visit here often to find information about new continuing education offerings, including programs and workshops that offer credits (CEUs) in Education, Applied Psychology, and Clinical Psychology.
Can You Hear Me Now? Bridging the Gap Between Psychology and Technology (3 CE credits)
Saturday, February 10 9:00am-1:00pm
Join us for an immersive event focused on discussions of integration of technology and psychology and how mental health and technology professionals can work together to explore challenges and opportunities for integrating our two fields. Presenters and panelists will discuss reviews of current and emerging technologies, and their applications for mental health including ethical considerations. Learn how psychologists are connecting with their patients using the platforms and devices they frequent most, how artificial intelligence is being used in interventions and research, and how mental health professionals can prepare themselves for the emerging realities of intersections between technology and psychology.
1. Participants will be able to describe the current and future
uses of artificial intelligence in behavioral and mental health care.
2. Participants will be able to identify and describe the practical and ethical considerations regarding the design and use of this technology.
3. Participants will be able to identify and differentiate between available technology for psychological interventions including augmented and virtual reality.
4. Participants will be able to identify client and treatment
matching factors related to appropriateness of integrating technology and psychological interventions.
5. Participants will be able to recognize how to select appropriate technology interventions to integrate with evidenced based psychological treatments.
6. Participants will learn how to evaluate technology interventions relative to evidence-based practice criteria.
7. Participants will be able to describe cultural components of technology integrations
8. Participants will be able to identify the implications for
bias/judgement for/against technology and impacts on therapeutic
outcomes that integrate technology