Students use the art studio in art therapy and other classes. The studio also gives the broader Antioch University Seattle community a place to be artistic and creative. All students, alumni, faculty, and staff are welcome.
The studio is a non-threatening environment where you can focus on enjoyment, expression, and learning from others. “However you use art — to relax, to explore new ways to communicate, or to improve your artistic techniques — the studio can only add to your positive creative energy,” says student Karen Simms.
The studio offers space to draw, paint, work with clay, or pursue other creative avenues. Supplies available include clay, a pottery wheel, a kiln, model boxes for still-life work, as well as supplies for two-dimensional art such as painting, drawing, chalk, and collage.
Art Studio Policies:
The Art Studio is run by work-study students. Art Studio staff members will open and run the studio during scheduled hours. If no one is here, then the studio is closed. If a studio closure ever conflicts with your schedule, we apologize. Email is the best form of communication for us, so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you have. You can also check out our Facebook page for up-to-date changes in our schedule.
- Art therapy students are automatically members of the art studio. Non-art therapy students can purchase a quarterly membership for $75 (please pay in the student accounts office).
- Students taking the ceramics class can use the studio for ceramics projects and have full use of space, glaze, and tools. However, full access membership must be paid for separately.
- Student are expected to pick up art during studio hours (no exceptions).
- Studio membership comes with full access to studio space and all materials. Use of community clay is unlimited with studio membership.
- Staff members are in the studio to assist you to the best of their knowledge. We are more than happy to make suggestions and help as much as possible with supplies but a knowledge of some art supplies is suggested on the part of the studio member.
- Studio members may check out supplies during open studio hours.
Art Studio Summer 2018 Hours:
Tuesday from 12pm to 8pm
Wednesday from 12:00pm to 3:00pm & 6:30pm – 9:30pm
CALL FOR ART:
Want to showcase a new series of works? Been working on a new technique, and want to share the results with the community? Want to share a particular line of creative inquiry with the community?
Let the AUS Art Committee know by filling out the form and be a part of the Belltown Artwalk!