The Center for Teaching and Learning at Antioch University Seattle fosters academic excellence and teaching excellence within the AUS community by providing writing courses and academic support for students as well as workshops, forums, and consultations for faculty on innovative collaboration, scholarly activity, and effective pedagogy. In providing a central system for all members of the AUS academic community, the Center for Teaching and Learning is a central, cross-curricular resource center for student and faculty academic interaction and for writing and program excellence.
- To provide all Antioch students with writing courses, workshops, and other academic support
- To support writing and academic excellence through peer consultations in the Academic Support Lab
- To facilitate faculty conversations and collaborations on pedagogy, professional activity, and research
- To enhance faculty teaching successes and actively support teaching excellence with workshops on pedagogy and “best practices”
- To provide orientation to new faculty about Antioch’s mission and faculty life
To schedule an on-campus writing assessment, please contact Admissions at 206-441-5352. Out-of-area students may arrange a remote writing assessment by contacting the Academic Support Lab at 206-268-4416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.