Antioch University Los Angeles

Information from International Students


Admission & Aid


International Students

International Students (Los Angeles)

Antioch University Los Angeles (AULA) values student diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified international candidates. Applicants from outside the United States should plan to apply at least three-to-four months before the quarter starts to allow time to process all required paperwork.

International Admission Requirements

If you are applying for international student admission (F-1 student visa), in addition to submitting a complete admission application, you must also submit the following:

  • Proof of English language proficiency
  • Transcript evaluation for all coursework done outside of the U.S. or Canada (except Quebec)
  • Financial Certification – Official Bank Letter & Financial Statement Form
  • Passport style photograph
  • Photocopy of your passport

Additionally, if you are an international student currently studying in the U.S. and are wishing to transfer to Antioch University, please be prepared to submit the following in addition to providing the above-mentioned:

  • Photocopy of your original I-20
  • Photocopy of your I-94
  • Photocopy of your Visa
  • Completed International Student Transfer-In Form

English Language Proficiency

Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency through successful completion of the ETS-TOEFL, Kaplan’s TOEFL, IELTS, or CELSA exam. Acceptable scores for admission to AULA are as follows:

ExamAcceptable Score
ETS TOEFL79 (Internet),
550 (paper),
213 (computer)
Kaplan’s TOEFLKaplan’s Advanced Level
IELTS6.5 or higher


Transcript evaluation for all coursework done outside of the U.S.

If you had schooling in a country other than the U.S., you must have your academic record evaluated to certify that coursework completed (and academic degrees earned) are the equivalent to that offered in the United States at a regionally accredited institution. A full course-by-course evaluation must be completed by an approved evaluation agency. The evaluation summary provided directly by the agency will serve as your official transcript and indicate the number of units and/or degree(s) you have earned. It is not necessary for you to provide an original copy of your academic record to our office. Antioch University Los Angeles recommends the use of a credential evaluator from NACES.

Financial Certification – Official Bank Letter & Financial Statement Form

Financial certification-You must submit documentation of your ability to pay the educational and living expenses required for your program. Please review the Estimated Budget Sheet, and then submit your Statement of Financial Guarantee and the required bank documentation. The bank documentation should include the following elements:

  • Bank name and address on official letterhead
  • Dated no earlier than six to nine months before first day of start term
  • Sponsor’s first and last name, relation to applicant, and an indication of sponsorship
  • Amount of available funds in U.S. or foreign currency

Please note: As an international student you are not eligible for financial assistance from the U.S. government.

Passport-style photograph

The photograph should be a clear, full-color headshot without eyewear. You may submit the photograph electronically to [email protected] or by standard mail to: Antioch University Los Angeles, Office of Admissions, 400 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA, 90230.

Photocopy of your passport

This should be a photocopy of the passport page that lists the expiration date. The photocopy should be sent via mail to: Antioch University Los Angeles, Office of Admissions, 400 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA, 90230. You also have the option to send it electronically as a scanned image or PDF to [email protected].

If you are accepted to one of AULA’s academic programs, you will receive the necessary U.S. immigration forms to apply for a student visa (F-1) through the U.S. consulate in your home country. Admission to AULA does not guarantee that you will receive a student visa. If you do not receive a student visa before the program start date, you may contact our Office of Admissions for assistance in changing your admission start date to a later start term.

International students holding a student visa must be enrolled full-time  each quarter. Please remember, in general, a student visa does not allow you to be employed while in school.