Our Human Services Administration degree will give you the skillset to become a leader in your field and move with confidence into supervisory or administrative roles. Understand the diverse functions that occur within organizations to have a comprehensive vision of the wider social context of their inner workings. This new holistic comprehension develops your leadership, analytical and communication skills, as well as knowledge and expertise focused on enhancing the quality of life for individuals, families, and communities.
This degree is offered by AU Online.
This fully online human services degree completion program accelerates your progress toward graduation by applying transfer credits from earlier college-level work. Our online platform gives you the flexibility to work on your degree when and where it is most convenient for you, allowing you to maintain your current personal and professional commitments, while preparing for your career advancement.
Antioch is dedicated to helping those who are passionate about leading change and improving lives achieve the careers they seek, supported by a high quality education.
The length of time it will take a student to complete a degree depends upon (1) the number of credits transferred into the program and (2) the number of credit hours taken each term. By applying credit from previous undergraduate work, you can finish this program in less than two years.
Requirements for a Bachelor of Arts degree through Antioch University Online include a minimum of 120 semester credit hours. A minimum of 45 semester credits must be completed with Antioch University. All majors contain both Interdisciplinary Core and Major Requirements.
Interdisciplinary Core Courses:
- Experience and Expression
- Modes and Methods of Learning
- Literary Analysis and Argumentation
- Culture, Conflict, and Social Research
- Foundations of Civilization
- Ecology, Technology, and Society
Human Services Administration Course Requirements: 33 credits
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Adult Development
- Human Services Systems and Grants
- Accounting and Budgeting
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Marketing for Non-Profit Organizations
- Organizational Behavior
- Caring for the Aging
- Behavioral Physiology
- Gender and Multicultural Issues in Healthcare
- Senior Project
A degree in human services administration lends versatility to your career path. You can apply these skills not only to human services, but also to human resources, healthcare administration, social work, nonprofit management, customer care, and more. Possible careers include:
- Nonprofit Manager
- Career Counselor
- Social Worker
- Human Resources Specialist
- Substance Abuse Counselor
Earning a BA in Human Services Administration also forms the foundation for graduate study in such fields as social service administration, public administration, education, and human resource administration.
Antioch’s Human Services Administration degree provides a balance of management studies and human development topics for well-rounded human services professionals. As a student of our online Human Services Administration program, you will explore
- Human development across the life span
- Principles of effective management and organizational functions
- The wider societal contexts within which organizations exist
- Communication and writing skills
Antioch’s requirements for candidates to the bachelor completion programs include:
- Antioch’s requirements for candidates to the bachelor completion programs include:
- At least 24 semester credits of transferable undergraduate work completed from a regionally accredited college or university
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (if requested)
- Completion of an admissions interview with a faculty member (if requested)
Students in this program participate in online learning activities organized within small- and large-group learning communities. Antioch University Online is a 100% online learning environment, and therefore, in addition to having the traditional learning skills, students are expected to have basic technological skills, compatible computer hardware, operating system, and internet connectivity upon entrance into the program.
This program is offered at an affordable rate of just $350 per credit hour, making the program a value that few institutions of Antioch’s caliber can match. This 54-credit completion program can be completed for as little as $18,900 if the rest of the 120 semester credits required for graduation can be fulfilled by approved transfer credits.
Several financial aid options are also available to help you earn your degree. Federal and state grants and federal loans may be available for Antioch students who qualify.
There are no upcoming events at this time.